Olp Musicman Copy with active Basslines and preamp

thestratomaster

• Members

This thing sounds amazing. It honestly does sound better than a real Ernie Ball. It was just recently set up professionally. Very cool bass. 5 string. Rosewood board. Black with a blue pearloid pickguard. Push pull volume pot cuts out mids for slapping. Other pots are bass, mid, and treble control. Ill post pics asap. Looking for $350. But shoot me offer. Im open to trades as well :thu:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

what kind of bass is this? its interesting

Fullerton Ventura Deluxe.

4 String (obviously)

I've had 2 of them, one black, one blue. If I hadn't just gotten a Schecter CV-4, I'd keep this bass, but the CV-4 has a little thinner neck, and Seymour Duncan pickups and electronics, so it's a TOUCH more versatile, so this one just doesn't get any play-time anymore (plus...there's 2 other basses I've got laying around...both in the middle of upgrades... :facepalm: )

Any info other than that you want? It's a 1 & 9/16's nut with a fairly thin profile. A little fatter than a J neck, a little skinnier than a P basically.

Volume, Blend, Bass, Treble (active)

Frets have been professionally leveled, and it's intonated near-spot on. Strung up with an evenly tensioned and matched set of strings which oddly enough makes a noticeable difference.

• Members

id be willing to trade this

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31182793#post31182793

but id also need $200

I was looking for a Musicman SUB but i saw your post to the surf green pbass and then i came back and saw the modded pu's and pre-amp.

A little history on the TBC

I bought it about 2 years ago from a buddy i used to work with who had ripped out the frets and filled it with putty. I played the pau ferro/elmer's wood putty combo board for about 8 months before it fell apart. I took that board off and replaced with an ebony fingerboard. serial number is 000270, made in Missorri. From what i understand, the newer TBC's made within the last 2 or 3 years have been manufactured in china and this one was one of the first to be hand made in USA. Not sure of the year, but its got the hand wound Musicman humbuckers and an MM pre-amp. IT was bassically made to rival the musicman HH. One of the pots is loose but still fully functional and there is a small scratch near the knobs but it cant be pictured. My avatar is of me playing this bass, but i do have better pics i could send if youre interested. ITs also a custom paint job. TBC does not paint basses, they just finish them with a pickguard made of a different wood. Body is swamp ash, neck is hard rock maple. Not sure what else i can tell you, but if you could send me a few pics of OLP thatd be great.

Archived