MIDI Controller

wezman2k

• Members

hey, this might have been better in the Sofware etc. section but i noticed hardly anyone goes in there so i thought i'd do the next best thing.

i am interested in making music using "reason 2.5" and i was thinking that the Oxygen8 midi controller would do well. do you guys think that buying this would be a good choice? i'd be making the music mostly at home etc.

• Members

If it's just for entering in notes, one at a time, then the Oxygen8 will work fine for just that. You can do synth lead/bassline type of stuff on it as well. You really won't be able to play piano/organ/keyboard-type parts with only 25 keys. Not saying you can't, but I don't on mine...

The main point of the Oxygen is it's small size. You can fit it into a backpack, and is really convenient if you're using a notebook computer. Otherwise, getting anything with 49 or 61 keys is probably a better idea if you want to be able to do more.

Oh yeah one more thing, all Oxygen and the Radiums are all made of rather cheap plastic, so you have to be careful with them. Ie, don't drop them, or use them as footrests, don't let your cat sit on them etc... ;)

• Members

Originally posted by p120dUdE

Then maybe you should consider looking at the Keystation 61 ES, which has 61 keys with a semi weighted action.

-p120d-

The 61 ES only has a Mod Wheel.

If your using Reason then you really want a Controller with some assignable knobs.

If your looking at cheap controllers, the Evolution stuff is worth a punt.

• Members

no i'm not some great pianist or something, in fact i have no clue on how to properly play the piano. i just want it for making bass riffs, little piano melodies etc. nothing super fancy.

however, i would like to be able to get as fancy as my skill allows (i play guitar).

Archived