Synth Demos

Optigon

• Members

Why does it have to be so hard to find a site with quick synth demos so you can figure out what a synth sounds like if you don't have immediate access to it?

I see stuff on E-bay all the time that looks like It'd be neat to have, but it's damn near impossible to find sound samples. :-

*frustrated* :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by DodgingRain

Probably because each synth can produce more than a trillion sounds. I think you might want to decide what you need instead of buying stuff that looks cool.

That's what I'm -saying-. I don't buy them because I can't find anything I can hear, thus if I can't hear it, I can't know what if I need it or not. And because I can't find demos of any sort of them, I could very well miss out on something interesting.

• Members

Originally posted by scubyfan

You should try to be more pragmatic in making synth purchases, unless you have cash to burn and room to spare.

Also, follow Array's link.

There's no possibility of being pragmatic without driving, at a minimum, an hour away for only new things where I'd have to buy them brand new instead of second hand.

I live in the middle of nowhere in Indiana, so it's pretty difficult to find synth shops or anything of that sort. :(

The internet is about as pragmatic as it comes for me.

• Members

That's not bad. I sometimes drive 20-40 mins when buying stuff, so what's an extra 20 minutes? The best thing you could do is make a list of all the stuff you wanna try, drive to the city, test them out, make up your mind, and drive back. Really doesn't get any better than that. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Varaldo

That's exactly what I'm doing with my website. So far I have Yamaha TG55, Korg M-500 micropreset and Poly-800, Roland Juno-60 and Kawai SX-240.

I add synths .mp3s when I can.

www.synthmania.com

This is for old synths, not new.

Mr. Varaldo

That's obscenely handy. :)

I have a few things here and there that, once I get everything re-hooked together, I can submit something for ya if you like. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Varaldo

That's exactly what I'm doing with my website. So far I have Yamaha TG55, Korg M-500 micropreset and Poly-800, Roland Juno-60 and Kawai SX-240.

I add synths .mp3s when I can.

www.synthmania.com

This is for old synths, not new.

Mr. Varaldo

for some reason the mp3s on your site will not download. It like the links are dead. At least on the tg55.

• Members

Originally posted by toorglick

You could go to a message board, sort of like this one, and ask: "hey, does anyone have synths x, y, and z and if so could do you have some demos of it you can post so I can hear it?"

you can do that here here

that was one of the original ideas for that thread..

Archived