Itroducing boutique effects at afordable prices

retrofxpedals

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well it's almost been a month so I sent a request to them for refund and if I don't hear back I'll just file with paypal.

I only got one e-mail back saying they'd check on the pedal but never heard back, even after another e-mail reminder.

It's too bad really. Anyone have a CS-2 in good shape that they're looking to get rid of? Any other compressors?

• Members

Retro has until the 19th of Aug. to respond to Paypal. So far nothing.It will be interesting to see what happens next. Strings, file your complaint. If enough of us file, there's a good chance of a positive outcome.

• Members

To my understanding, this scam has been going on for about a year... perhaps longer. I was under the impression that PayPal would cut a person off after so many disputes. Anyone know the policy on that?

He's used several methods to disassociate one name from the previous name, including the infamous, recent "buyout" story on this forum. There are at least four different company/screen names involved so far and it's even confusing to summarize it. They're all a single person, though, and that's all that really matters.

EroticFX/Good Karma/Private Label scammed dozens of people. He was taken to court by one of those people. The plantiff won, but received a box of partially-functional pedals instead (to my understanding). As far as I know, PayPal took care of the rest of the victims.

He registered under EroticFX and rejoined at least one forum (TGP) where he had already been told he was not welcome. He attempts another scam, but people recognize him immediately and he's quickly banned again.

People warn others about it on this forum and he begins the infamous "buyout" story. He claims that either EroticFX, Good Karma, or Private Label was "bought" by "five employees" of the company. :freak: It's hard to imagine that a person who never delivered a single pedal in most cases had five employees to begin with, but that's how he tells it. And then there's the part about people buying a so-called business which already had a lawsuit against it and a terrible reputation that comes up in a simple Google search.

So these five people "fire" the previous owner and start RetroFX. But IP address lookup and registration info posted by others reveals the truth: same person as the other scams.

So why does PayPal, who can trace people's PayPal history a lot easier than we normal folk can, allow him to have an account?

• Members

u know whats weird? he sent me a free pedal to do a demo video of it. and the pedal is half decent taboot, taboot! my video camera is effed up and im having trouble transferring but at this point it doesnt really matter if i make it rite? cuz no 1 will buy 1. thats the only reason i defended him before(FYI)

• Members

i been reading reviews here for a while now, and after reading this thread i had to join (after wiping away the tears of laughter) just to thank you guys for the humor, and the warnings. i saw the thread headline, and went to the site, then came back to read what i thought would be opinions on the pedals only to to find they are vaporware. its great that you guys are alerting others to this, getting ripped off sucks. my only concern is that when the thread turned to relgion, ...........i think jesuslovesme needs to be in a religious room, and not dropping bibilical knowledege in a gear thread, relating to a scam. what a tardish maneuver, when we all know satan fuels our thirst for music. besides the scammer is getting off easy, with only verbal abuse. shouldn't it more be like eye for an eye, or something like that..........

agent 36

• Members

i been reading reviews here for a while now, and after reading this thread i had to join (after wiping away the tears of laughter) just to thank you guys for the humor, and the warnings. i saw the thread headline, and went to the site, then came back to read what i thought would be opinions on the pedals only to to find they are vaporware. its great that you guys are alerting others to this, getting ripped off sucks. my only concern is that when the thread turned to relgion, ...........i think jesuslovesme needs to be in a religious room, and not dropping bibilical knowledege in a gear thread, relating to a scam. what a tardish maneuver, when we all know satan fuels our thirst for music. besides the scammer is getting off easy, with only verbal abuse. shouldn't it more be like eye for an eye, or something like that..........

agent 36

the tardish move was you signing up just to come rant about some bull{censored} BYOC builder

• Members

agent 36

As for the religious turn in that thread... well, I'm only saying this because it was a temporary derailment from the serious issue at hand in the thread:

Jesuslovesme is a trip... and it's intentional. Most of the people in that thread know who he really is and appreciate him for doing what he does. It's fun to play along with his posts and he gets a kick out of us playing along. You can abuse the crap outta him and have tons of fun. But keep this info hush-hush... don't spoil the fun for others.

• Members

i am sorry if you thought i was ranting, i was just complimenting on keeping the rest of us up on the user gear reviews, and scams, i joined cause the reviews have been helpful to me and others i know. i own a small studios worth of gear that i have opinions on, myself which i would like to share, hence joining. but this thread just made me do it today, cause it had me laughing so hard. as for jesuslovesme, i got it oldc,

agent 36

• Members

i am sorry if you thought i was ranting, i was just complimenting on keeping the rest of us up on the user gear reviews, and scams, i joined cause the reviews have been helpful to me and others i know. i own a small studios worth of gear that i have opinions on, myself which i would like to share, hence joining. but this thread just made me do it today, cause it had me laughing so hard. as for jesuslovesme, i got it oldc,

agent 36

then i misunderstood your post and appologize

• Members

Well paypal decided in my favor but the guy has no money in his account for it to draw back so I guess I'm up **** creek.

Alas $80, I knew you well.

To Retro: if you are overcome with guilt and wish to make this right, just send a PM. Until then I'll be content with the assumption that you need the money more than I do. Don't spend it all in one place.

• Members

I'm not building anything other than overdrives at this time but if anybody really wants a boutique OD at an affordable price I can make you one. I'll actually send a pedal too!

Sucks that {censored}heads like this exist. This is when I wish some of our laws could be like 3rd world countries... he wouldn't have hands right now.

• Members

Damn, it's unfortunate that it has come to this. As I said earlier, I ordered a pedal then was told that they ran out of supply, so it'd be a couple weeks later. I then emailed them a few times to no response.

Then out of the blue, I received the pedal about a month and a week after I ordered it. The pedal works well, it's just that he has trouble with customer support. I really want to help this guy out since he's from Missouri, but this service seems unacceptable.

Bottomline, he's not a scammer, just a bad business man.

Archived