Official Effects Good Deal/Bad Deal Sticky!

Ara Ajizian

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Altgtr33

View Post

Guy, I hate to break it to you but it's just as easy to get ripped a new one by PAYPAL. Just ask around here!!(Dr. Scottie C, and others).

I'd Like to add that I DON'T TAKE PAYPAL, and I've had a few close calls with people not paying via USPS MONEY ORDER like they said they would. But, I'VE STILL NEVER BEEN TAKEN HERE ON HC.

Really, the only advice i'd give anyone about buying/trading on here is this. Pay attention to how members respond to questions, and get a feel for the kind of guy/gal your dealing with. If need be call and talk with them on the phone.....if something still seem's "not right" about a deal DON"T TAKE IT.

+1 thumb.gif

Yup that's good advice. Besides questions, ask for specific pictures, not just accepting only those from their ad, as a good sign. I have other red flags for myself. Do a little research on the specific item. If specific questions go ignored, don't bother. If I see all a particular username does is hang in the classifieds, I ignore their ads. Especially if it's a newly created HC account. When there is not a single detail made on their HC account. When all they give you in a pm is there paypal account & nothing else, don't answer questions precisely, avoid. If they send you a trade address. Run a search of it. Make sure the name matches the address. Personally there is no way I'd do a trade that wasn't face to face. There aren't a whole of people I would consider sending a large sum of money to either. Check out as many of their previous posts as possible or do a search of their user name. They may use the same username on other forums. Even contact some of the usernames in their signature to verify, it's not like a forums administrator created their sig. You really need to use some common sense & not get caught up in the moment. Happy buying, selling & trading.

Added usernames to my sig.

• Members

wlfgnplyr is local to me- i saw an add for his MF280B cab on craigslist that said it was loaded with 4 V30mf speakers,and offered him my jackson DK2M for it.

we ended up trading- i got the cab home,opened it up, and it's loaded with 4 celestion "CRATE V12L" speakers

• Members
Guy, I hate to break it to you but it's just as easy to get ripped a new one by PAYPAL. Just ask around here!!

Hey I'll tell you I just got ripped off by JoeEllison, AKA (Joseph Gonzales)

He used another user name , a fellow HC 'er told me after I did a write up on him !

So you guys be careful of things , this guy even had 29 post , not many I know , he had a sig w/ great deals in it ...now that I think back on it & I took a look at it , there probably made up names .

So I talked back & forth w/ the guy for like 3-4 days & other people here bought a pedal board off him & another pedal ..So he got away w/ some cash ! He got me for 45.00..its in a Paypal dispute , but who knows , his PM box has been full for a month now ! It was always cleared out before & he talk about his child & stuff, he even uped the price on my ..LOL..he told me he'd take 37.50 for the digi delay shipped , then he came back to me & said that he wouldn't come out w/ enough cash on his end if he did that , so I told him I'd throw him 45.00 & he agreed to give me a couple of patch cords ...He totally burnt me on all of it & the other guys were complaining too...So Bad dealings w/ this guy ...JoeEllison..but he used a different name before that , I've been told ! So watch it , 50.00 here & 50.00 there adds up ... just my 2- cents !!!.....Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Good Deals: crxshdxmmy, Snare227, jeremylp(x2), Overwhelmed987, Garo, johanwastaken, Effectsiation, rok-en-rol, birdboy7007, born2strat, Altgtr33(x2), fcortex, loomer415, hivedestruction, blackwater, chrisr0712, thefragile103, senor-penguin, Senor Cleavage, K2000(x2), PumpkinPieces, protoge x, Dreampop6279, gproud, Philly Fuzz, NewarkWilder, zepolant, Skycries57, letgocoyote, tonedude, alam, schecterc1lh, leer43, byekittie, enx, steve_man,

Bad Deal: theblackcrayon

Archived