Need quality patch cables on the cheap?

Aaron SS

• Members

2/28/12 - All orders can be placed at www.SolderedSound.com

I'm offering quality patch cables made of high quality components at a very reasonable price. Not looking to step on Hivedestruction's toes as what he offers is equally great just here to offer something a little different. My cables are made using GLS Pancake Style Plugs and your choice of Evidence Audio Monorail or Evidence Audio Melody cable made to custom lengths of your choice. Cable pricing is straightforward as follows :

Evidence Audio Monorail

-Up to 6" - $7

-7" to 12" - $8

-13" to 24" - $10

The length of the cable can be requested as presoldered length or presoldered length + .5" to account for the soldered portions of the cable.

If interested without any additional questions PM me with the following :

Which Cables (Monorail,Reveal)

Patch, Leads, or Both

Quantity and Lengths ( [x amount ] - [length] )

Method of Payment (Paypal or Money Order)

Shipping is a flat rate of $6 for patch cable orders and $10 for any order with a 3'+ cable and paypal fees are additional should you use that method of payment, though money order is fine with me as well (international welcome but additional postage cost is required)

IF USING PAYPAL PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR HANDLE ON HERE AS WELL AS THE LENGTHS AND QUANTITIES IN THE COMMENTS BOX FOR THE SAKE OF ORGANIZATION.

Here are some pictures of some mogami cables I made for a forumite on here as well as my own personal pedalboard wired with monorail.

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

Cable brand is all about personal preference so I won't try and sway anyone either way as they both are great but as shown in the last picture the Monorail is a bit thinner allowing for closer orientation of pedals and sounds better to me. Now is as good a time as ever to upgrade your cables as you'd be hard pressed to find anything of this quality at a similar price.

NOTE TO ALL THAT PURCHASED EA CABLE, ONE END WILL BE MARKED INDICATING THE GUITAR END OF THE CABLE

PM me with any questions, thanks.

Also expect to see a few shots of boards I've wired up in the coming weeks as I'm doing a few local guys' boards

If you would like any other combination of options not offered then please feel free to PM me and I can quote you for what it would cost.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt you are stepping on Hive's toes. He has stated he is taking a break due to his schedule right now. Actually this will give some folks another alternative in the meanwhile.... :thu:

I need a couple 1' ers (Mogami)

PM me with a price total on them, and your Paypal!

• Members

Ouchhhhhhh.....

haha Just kidding, I has no time to make cables right now, especially at the rate it was going. I just finished my last order (27 patch cables, jesus...) and I'm doneeeeee. So burnt out.

So good luck! That is a SOLID deal, and I always wondered how those GLS Pancake plugs would sound. Were they a pain in the ass to solder?

• Members

I'd much rather solder pancake jacks then regular ones. Less to mess with in sequential order on the cable. I've also compared these ends side by side with their Switchcraft equivalent (228) and these are as good as the Switchcraft with a much easy to solder ground connection.

• Members

A few people have asked me which I recommend more and I'll say what I've been telling each one. I'm not out to hype up a certain brand with snake oil type claims so feel free to gather your own opinion from others on here or information on the net. With that said I personally use the Evidence.

• Members

Aren't you the guy who recently got your board redone with a bunch of Lava cables? Do you still have those?

Yes I went with Lava/Evidence Melody only to realize I like the Melody for leads and in turn went to Evidence Monorail for patch cables.

Singloco-Sounds good

• Members

I'll certainly order 5-6 in a week or two....great pricing and I love the pancake ends.

Wish you were doing this four months ago!!!! Needed about 20 at that time!

Jay

Alright just send me a PM whenever.

Here are some Evidence I just completed as well as a thickness comparison between the Evidence and the Mogami. Excuse the cell phone pic quality.

cable2.jpg

Archived