Yamaha Electone B-45 organ?

pelleyoo

• Members

I used to have one like that when I was 12. It is an early arranger keyboard with 2 manuals. Kinda 'vintage'. Sounds very sweet. It has speakers built in. Drums sound very ''machine". Nothing to excite about in today's standard. It is a home keyboard anyway. All big musical instrument companies make something like that nowaday with way better features and sounds. For live playing? It won't cut thru any mix unless you play solo. :D

• Members

Wouldn't recommend such a home organ for use in a band I guess.

What sounds do you need, you might be better of buying a beat-up spinet hammond clone for organ sounds.

I just bought an ancient Elka X50 from '82 or so for 125 euros. Never heard of it before but I wanted to get used to drawbars. But damnnnn this thing sounds sweet, easily comparable to a Korg CX3.

X50.gif

These things are hard to find, but check out a 2nd hand Viscount drawbar organ. It'll set you back a bit more (200-300 euros) but it's much more fun and portable than such a heavy home organ...

• Members

On the other hand if you play a lot of Pink FLoyd you really need strings and some analog sounds (depends on the floyd songs you play)

You can easily pick up something half decent for 100-150 euro's that'll make you play along fine in your band, just don't expect decent piano for that money...

• Members

If you have a Kurz for those, I'd definitely go for a dedicated hammond-clone if you are only looking for decent organ-sounds for a few dollars.

Buy something cheap and portable, looks and sounds way cooler than hauling this home-organ around

Archived