turntable

Mr. Riceguy

• Members

I know that this thread should be posted in the Dj booth but no one is ever there.

I was wondering if it would be a wise move to get some turntables. I have reason 2.5 and mostly just use it make beats and precussion loops because I have yet to learn about music thoery and how to make a complete song. anyways i saw an advertisement for a stranton turntable for $100 at guitar center new! I olny considered this because i seem like such a good deal, what do you guys think?

i was planning on getting finalstrach leter on so i can strach my beats.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Riceguy

the one i was lookin at was a direct drive

I started learning on stantons. they work pretty good and have a solid build. resale stinks but 100 bucks is a decent price for a working deck.

I use a 1200 now. I really don't do much scratching. but even for placing samples into a song it's much nicer to work with then the stantons because it's torque is superior and it runs very consistently. but like I said- I still think stanton decks work fine enough for most applications not involving hours and hours of rigorous practice.

I'd recommend renting the 'skratch' dvd and watching the extras. they are pointers from qbert and z-trip I found incredibly helpfull.

good luck,

/johnny:)

• Members

Originally posted by urbanscallywag

I asked a similar question a few months ago.

Still haven't purchased anything. I do see occasional good deals locally on craigslist, though.

damn u!! it was that thread that got me to looking. Your a bad influence. hehe.

• Members

Why don't you just get one of those "DJ ina Box" packages for like $200. You'll have a complete setup, and if you don't like it you can either return it if soon enough or sell it on eBay. And if you do like it, it'll kep you busy untill you can upgrade.

Archived