Gibson Korina Futura w/ Split Peghead -tons of pics-

rareguitar

• Members

FS: Gibson Korina Futura Replica $4500 shipped and Pay Paled. NO TRADES

Up for sale is my killer Gibson Korina Futura replica. This guitar is is based off the tracingings f the one and only origianl Gibson Futura to ever surface.

I acquired this guitar in a collection I bought a few years ago from the widow of a big vintage guitar collector in my area.

She said her husband had bought it from the Mars Music vintage division when they were still around. She did not know much about the guitars or what her husband paid for them.

I was told Tim Krummer who at the time was the buyer for the Mars Music chain before they went out of business bought it at a Dallas Guitar show in the mid 1990's for $7500.

Here is the story on the guitar from Chris at "Krazy Kat Music" in San Antonio, TX.

"Krazy Kat Music to Brad

show details 8/16/07 Reply

Hi Brad,

I finally heard back from my buddy on the Futura. yours is the second one he had made in the mid 90s. he sold it to Rockin Robin guitars in Houston about 10 years ago. the neck and body were made by Luthier Tony Nobles. the pickups are P.A.F. reissues. the parts are all late 60s early 70s.

The original prototype futura from 1957 was owned by a San Antonio r&b player named Punty Gonzales. He died in the 1980's but his sons come in our store.

Punty sold the original in the 1970s to a texas collector/wheeler dealer.

A local luthier named Julian Dominguez traced the original and made a few copy bodies (Julian later went crazy and killed his father and aunt and went to prison). he got out about 10 years ago and has since died).

My buddy got one of the julian bodies and made the first futura copy in the mid 90s. your body was based on that copy. I recently found out the original Futura changed hands from texas to maryland to canada to japan and is now owned by a major collector in New York city. Funny how these guitars get around.

Chris

Krazy Kat Music"

DSC03175.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03178.jpg

DSC03179.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

futurapaf-1.jpg