Jackson Fusion USA made 1990

MichaelJD

• Members

This is a 1990 Jackson USA Fusion electric guitar, very rare comes from the Ontario Factory with a custom airbrush top. 100% original. Detailed info/specs available on request.

Includes original Flight case and Whammy bar.

$1500 OBO

If you are interested please email me, I have PDFs from the original catalog as well as many high quality digital pictures of the guitar.

This is an amazing Performance Monster. I am only selling because I have too many guitars. There are NO issues with this guitar. I take pride in the care I give to my Guitars whether they are low-end or high-end Custom shop models.

Jugheads82@hotmail.com :thu:

Trades are also welcome. Currently loving my 92 jackson usa kelly and esp custom shop scythe models. If you have anything similar to these models I might be interested.

• Members

$1500 huh? Not badmouthing but damn, I paid $650 for mine. Guess I got a steal. :)

nonibz.jpg

These guitars are phenomenal players. Anyone who buys it will not be disappointed in the playability. Shredders delight!

The only thing I have to trade is a 1990 Ibanez Gambale FGM100.

iban90fgm100-bk.jpg

Oh well, If you were asking half the price I'd take it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm from northern Onatrio Canada, EVERYTHING ends up costing a lot more up here :(

You can't buy this great model new anymore, I think that justifiably raises the price. I set the price based on what uglier and non-graffic fusions have been selling for on online auctions.

I'm willing to move on the price. I've asked collectors and they've all told me that this particular fusion sells for more since the graffic isn't "gay looking"

Those aren't my personal words, although I do agree :p

$650 is beyond a steal, that's an awesome deal for such a solid guitar, the graffic ruins it though

• Members

The way the guitar plays is more than enough for me to get around it. I think it's kinda cool myself and there are lamer graphics out there i.e. bikini and dolphins.

Not trying to be a dick but if things cost that much more in Ontario, maybe someone up there is willing to pay the price you want. Down here in the states it's way too much. Whether a "collector" says its not "gay looking" or not.

• Members

$650 is beyond a steal, that's an awesome deal for such a solid guitar, the graffic ruins it though

i think the graffic is pretty sweet myself. hardly "gay", but that's neither here nor there.

as for your axe, i'll offer you $800 USD for it.

• Members

so now you'll take $800?
:freak:

$1500 OBO as stated in the first post, that means the selling price is negotiable. If you make an offer I will reply.

I didn't mention this in the original post, but I would consider trading this Guitar for an Electric Bass as well, 4 or 5 string preferably.

• Members

Bump

I just wanna ride the E string and watch my fluffy hair blow in the wind!!! nevermind, i dont have any hair ......80's AXE RULZ Bump for a sweet guitar

It's a 90's guitar not an 80's hairband axe :p

General History of this guitar from a Fusion Collector:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for asking. For the Fusions, there isn't much information out there on these guitars. I've attached some PDF's which are scans from the 1990 Jackson Charvel Catalog and one from the Blue Book of Electric Guitars. There's little information in those too, but that's better than nothing. If your Fusion is in good shape, it's worth about $1,300 - $1,500 plus another $150 for the graphic (according to the Blue Book). If you notice, yours is not one of the 'Standard' USA graphics available at the time. Jackson was famous for doing variations and 'one-off' of it's graphics, so I think the graphic is worth more than what the Blue Book lists the 'Standard' graphics is worth (I didn't scan the graphics value section of the Blue Book.)

You should have 6 PDF's and 1 JPG attached to this email, if not, I can re-send them individually.

I've got a few more 1990 USA Fusions since writing that review (photo attached), and I still think they are the best guitars in their class. Actually, I think 1990 was the best year for Fusions; I didn't like the later USA ones as much - they felt 'funny' in my hands. Notice the Blue Book incorrectly states they were built from 92 - 94, they were really built from 90 - 94. They are rare nowadays - especially if they are in good condition, and people would pay a lot for them. Fortunately, not too many people have actually played them so most don't know how they feel or their real value. I'll be happy to TRY and answer any specific questions you have about them, so feel free to ask.

I hope you are enjoying the guitar! It sounds like you've got a real beauty there!

• Members

Bump

It's a 90's guitar not an 80's hairband axe
:p

General History of this guitar from a Fusion Collector:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for asking. For the Fusions, there isn't much information out there on these guitars. I've attached some PDF's which are scans from the 1990 Jackson Charvel Catalog and one from the Blue Book of Electric Guitars. There's little information in those too, but that's better than nothing. If your Fusion is in good shape, it's worth about $1,300 - $1,500 plus another $150 for the graphic (according to the Blue Book). If you notice, yours is not one of the 'Standard' USA graphics available at the time. Jackson was famous for doing variations and 'one-off' of it's graphics, so I think the graphic is worth more than what the Blue Book lists the 'Standard' graphics is worth (I didn't scan the graphics value section of the Blue Book.)

You should have 6 PDF's and 1 JPG attached to this email, if not, I can re-send them individually.

I've got a few more 1990 USA Fusions since writing that review (photo attached), and I still think they are the best guitars in their class. Actually, I think 1990 was the best year for Fusions; I didn't like the later USA ones as much - they felt 'funny' in my hands. Notice the Blue Book incorrectly states they were built from 92 - 94, they were really built from 90 - 94. They are rare nowadays - especially if they are in good condition, and people would pay a lot for them. Fortunately, not too many people have actually played them so most don't know how they feel or their real value. I'll be happy to TRY and answer any specific questions you have about them, so feel free to ask.

I hope you are enjoying the guitar! It sounds like you've got a real beauty there!

the blue book is worthless when it comes to jacksons:cop:

Archived