Question about how to price something....

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

scottie, you have to play it for a couple of days so you can give us a review...and I think your plan is good..I wish I had 25k kicking around

mike

Mike...I wish I had a couple of days!!

The local store owner who had dibbs on the body....wants it tomorrow!!

We agreed on $9,300.00 for everything that a loaded body would come with except the pickups.... I will have the pickups, but he will have the guard, the pots, the capacitors.

Now.... this begs to question: What is the value on these 3 pickups?

I haven't got a clue.

• Members

if i where you i would hold on to the pickups for a while. give the economy some time to get back to where it was. you will most likely make more money if you just hold on to themfor awhile. i would say you would make 1,000-2,500 for them based on what i've seen from ebay over the past few years.

• Members

if i where you i would hold on to the pickups for a while. give the economy some time to get back to where it was. you will most likely make more money if you just hold on to themfor awhile. i would say you would make 1,000-2,500 for them based on what i've seen from ebay over the past few years.

That's probably true, and your range is probably about right. I am in no hurry to sell or trade per se', but if someone whats/needs them for a project, I would do it for the right deal with the right person. While I am not looking to give these away, I would be more than generous with the buyer or trader. I don't have to have top dollar, or collector price..... just a offer or trade in the ball park of fair market value is close enough for me.

Pickups thread here: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1979087

• Members

That's probably true, and your range is probably about right. I am in no hurry to sell or trade per se', but if someone whats/needs them for a project, I would do it for the right deal with the right person. While I am not looking to give these away, I would be more than generous with the buyer or trader. I don't have to have top dollar, or collector price..... just a offer or trade in the ball park of fair market value is close enough for me.

Pickups thread here:

scottie, are you a tdpri member? I think you'd have some play on them over there

Archived