Got a possible problem with a purchase...advice please

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you know what, you guys are a bunch of whiny bitches, quite being so condescending and high almight. Like it took 4 PAGES of people saying the same s$%^ over and over. Almost right away the guy said he would try to and work with scottie. It's like a damn woman's soap opera. Luckily, for all of your guys sanity, this looks like it will work out.

The thing is it could have been any one of us in that situation. kbledsoe only uses the forum to sell (although those days are probably over now), and you don't have a whole lot of posts here either, but for the regulars here, scamming one of us is pretty close to scamming us all. kbledsoe tried to pawn off a beat up guitar as something it isn't and he's only making it right now because of the forum pressure. Actually almost right away he said he didn't have the money and the best thing to do was for scottie to try to scam somebody else into buying his beat up guitar. That doesn't sound like working with scottie to me.

Who knows, next time it could be you getting ripped off. Wouldn't you want the forum coming to your aid? I would.

• Members

This is probably true ... but I'm hoping Kyle is the good guy I think him to be and that everything turns out alright with the good doctor on this one.

I played that guitar and I know it sounds great. Too bad it was all banged up. FWIW though, when I had it awhile back, I don't remember the fret damage ... and I gave it a pretty thorough looking at.

For what its worth.... he actually shipped it with no strings on it.... so its not like this fretwear was hiding under strings or something.

When I first opened the case...my wife, who doesn't know a guitar from a piano said "whats wrong with those silver thingie's that go across the neck?"

The fretwear.... was plain as day, to anyone.

I am the one that put strings on this just to see how bad the fretwear felt when playing. He shipped it w/ no strings, with wear clearly visable to anyone.

• Members

..scamming one of us is pretty close to scamming us all.

Who knows, next time it could be you getting ripped off. Wouldn't you want the forum coming to your aid? I would.

This is why I love buying/selling/posting here! cheers, Lucius

• Members

1. Public shame is the only thing that moves a scammer, or a corrupt business entity. I learned that from being a union organizer for 9 years. Good for everyone who weighed in on the DR.'s behalf, it's the only thing that got this seller to move-- you will recall that two days ago he was denying there was any problem or that anything should be done to correct it.

2. You don't mistake a 2003 guitar for a 2007. That is the most clear evidence that this guy was a scammer, so keep sending him positive enforcement for doing the right thing, but I know I'd never consider buying anything from him!

• Members
Whoa...peace gentlemen....Paypal will handle this to the Dr.'s satisfaction. I've just been through it. I agree that Dr. Scottie should seek a total refund and walk away, but he is doing what he thinks is right. As far as punishment goes, that is not for us to determine. I hope no one gets carried away.

+1.. what goes around, comes around..... he'll get his... whether we see it or not......:thu:

• Members

Guys,

You don't know how much I appreciate the support. It's nice to know there are people who care. Sometimes just being able to vent an issue to a forum makes you feel better.

I do want to add that while I don't approve of his actions in this case, I don't think it's fair to joke about doing someone bodily harm, nor do I feel we need to plaster the board with pictures of him performing. He is a gigging musician, and playing & posing onstage is what he does for a living. Again, I know it's in good humour, but if something did happen to him tonight, I would feel bad. I don't wish him any harm, I would just like either a full refund and return the guitar, or a $250.00 refund so I can get it properly repaired.

Again gang...thanks for the support.

I am going through much the same over a strat because of shipping damage. bought it off ebay. guy seems to be trying to do the right thing but I am getting skeptical since it was his fault for shipping it in a flimsy box with little packing.THIS jerk should do the right thing.people like "this" give guitar players a bad name.

• Members

He shipped it with no strings on it? Huh?

jonesy77777, I know you're trying to be fair, and I was as well, until your pal piped up calling everyone 'whiny bitches'.

I think any 'benefit of the doubt' ended right there (at least for me)...

• Members

Agreed, but remember that he only began to make it right AFTER all the posts and pressure. And again, you don't mistake a 2007 for a 2003 unless you've been smoking so much good stuff that you lost four years....

Benefit of the doubt goes to Scottie until he gets his money back or a full refund from Paypal.

• Members

I frequent www.alfabb.com (alfa Romeo cars) and often times members who are far away from a car they are interested in, will ask someone local to check the car out for them. It might not be a bad idea for people here to do the same thing. I don't think I've ever seen an issue arise from this practice. Hands on feedback is always better than pictures, no matter how good they are.

• Members

Not to get off subject, but I'm somewhat glad this thread has sort of dominated the board for the past few days.

I think it serves to illustrate to anyone new to online selling/trading exactly what most people expect when you go about making deals online. You don't sugar coat over stuff. You don't conveniently leave out what you think are undesirable issues. You can't have too many photos. Basically, you be as detailed as you think is necessary and then go a step beyond that.

If I am looking at a purchase, I will ALWAYS buy the one with the most detailed description. Even if there are a couple of "issues" here and there, I would much rather know exactly what I'm getting in to as opposed to taking the gamble on the single {censored}ty cell-phone photo with the description that reads "perfect condition - it rocks hard - buy it dude".

And lastly, the one thing you never do is stretch the truth. All you are doing is causing a ton more grief for yourself. Just be straight up for crying out loud. Most people looking at buying used gear online are aware they're buying used gear online. If we were looking for perfection we'd not be here.

Anyhow, my point is that I hope this all serves as a bit of a lesson on how to go about dealing with others on here. If you're looking to be a weasel, your time around here not only will be short lived, but will just cost you more in the end.

• Members

Kyle has said that he will send me the full $250 refund I have agreed to if I can wait until next Thursday. So I told him I will wait for that reimbursement. Meanwhile, the pay pal claim will stay open, and only be closed upon a successful partial refund.

I'll keep the board posted.

As long as this refund occurs, I am happy to let this slide, and just let this be a reminder to everyone: disclosure, disclosure, disclosure.... you can't be too descriptive, nor can you take too many pictures.

It's better to under promise, and over deliver, than vice versa.

On this website, we have a choice to either treat each other right, and save everyone lots of money on the gear they desire to play & try out.... or we can send everyone packing to ebay and the chain stores to pay fees, get in emotional bidding wars, and pay retail prices..... the choice is ours.

• Members

i currently have someone inquiring on my MIM strat. and because of this thread. last night i took so many detailed pics its wasnt even funny. i have never had a bad transaction with me being the seller. and i want to keep it that way. i love the fact that i can come one here and buy/sell/trade gear with HONEST people.

i just hope that everyone can learn from these past few days.

• Members

Kyle has said that he will send me the full $250 refund I have agreed to if I can wait until next Thursday. So I told him I will wait for that reimbursement. Meanwhile, the pay pal claim will stay open, and only be closed upon a successful partial refund.

I'll keep the board posted.

As long as this refund occurs, I am happy to let this slide, and just let this be a reminder to everyone: disclosure, disclosure, disclosure.... you can't be too descriptive, nor can you take too many pictures.

It's better to under promise, and over deliver, than vice versa.

On this website, we have a choice to either treat each other right, and save everyone lots of money on the gear they desire to play & try out.... or we can send everyone packing to ebay and the chain stores to pay fees, get in emotional bidding wars, and pay retail prices..... the choice is ours.

Very well said sir.

• Members

Who is it btw, and/or pm me links
:wave:

Everyone knows, in 99% of the cases....my avatars are pics from my old high end Fuji camera that I have taken of girls I have dated in the past, girls I just know in general, girls my friends have dated or are currently dating...

I have been married for 9 years, so doing the math.... alot of times you guys are looking at 10 to 12 year old pictures.

The particular picture here is a girl named Sarah. This photo was taken in 1997 during spring break. In case you were wondering.... her face is just as cute as her....well.... I think I have a face shot....I suppose I could post it if there is any interest.... I hope she is not a nun somewhere now. I haven't seen her in over 10 years.

• Members

Everyone knows, in 99% of the cases....my avatars are pics from my old high end Fuji camera that I have taken of girls I have dated in the past, girls I just know in general, girls my friends have dated or are currently dating...

I have been married for 9 years, so doing the math.... alot of times you guys are looking at 10 to 12 year old pictures.

The particular picture here is a girl named Sarah. This photo was taken in 1997 during spring break. In case you were wondering.... her face is just as cute as her....well.... I think I have a face shot....I suppose I could post it if there is any interest.... I hope she is not a nun somewhere now. I haven't seen her in over 10 years.

...br00tal.

Archived