Got a possible problem with a purchase...advice please

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kinda know this guy. He lives/plays here in town.... We did a couple pedal trades awhile back. Actually, I almost traded him for that guitar too. Played it... wasn't impressed. Passed on the deal.

Smells like smoke, yeah?

• Members

Also referenced here.

And this speaks of his history:

It's been gigged heavily though, so I'm curious about what kind of shape this is in. If it's beat up ... I'm not gonna do it. I've traded pedals with this guy before ... and every single one I've gotten has been trashed. I understand that they're just pedals ...... but still. I'm hoping for the best with this guitar.

The dings & scratches were there ... and that was another reason I decided not to do it ... but I don't remember the fret damage.

• Members

Guys,

You don't know how much I appreciate the support. It's nice to know there are people who care. Sometimes just being able to vent an issue to a forum makes you feel better.

I do want to add that while I don't approve of his actions in this case, I don't think it's fair to joke about doing someone bodily harm, nor do I feel we need to plaster the board with pictures of him performing. He is a gigging musician, and playing & posing onstage is what he does for a living. Again, I know it's in good humour, but if something did happen to him tonight, I would feel bad. I don't wish him any harm, I would just like either a full refund and return the guitar, or a $250.00 refund so I can get it properly repaired.

Again gang...thanks for the support.

• Members

Guys,

He is a gigging musician, and playing & posing onstage is what he does for a living. Again, I know it's in good humour, but if something did happen to him tonight, I would feel bad.

Wrong doc..........i have delt with a LOT of "musicians" and i find them to be some of the coolest, most honest people i have ever met. This guy is not a "musician", he is a dishonest human being who happens to play a guitar....that's it. And i take offense to being lumped into the same (musician) category as him.

• Members

Someone needs to teach this guy some er, proper human etiquette. Lying and making off with someones money, while leaving that person holding the bag is a terrible thing to do. In fact, it's criminal. That show posting above is a good chance to meet him in person. and work out some details.

• Members

Someone needs to teach this guy some er, proper human etiquette. Lying and making off with someones money, while leaving that person holding the bag is a terrible thing to do. In fact, it's criminal. That show posting above is a good chance to meet him in person. and work out some details.

i agree:cop:

• Members

Whoa...peace gentlemen....Paypal will handle this to the Dr.'s satisfaction. I've just been through it. I agree that Dr. Scottie should seek a total refund and walk away, but he is doing what he thinks is right. As far as punishment goes, that is not for us to determine. I hope no one gets carried away.

• Members

Wrong doc..........i have delt with a LOT of "musicians" and i find them to be some of the coolest, most honest people i have ever met. This guy is not a "musician", he is a dishonest human being who happens to play a guitar....that's it. And i take offense to being lumped into the same (musician) category as him.

Like I said, I kinda know this guy ... and I really disagree with what you've said here. Clearly his actions are suspect, and I'm not trying to clear what he did because there seems to be a definite need for some kind of retribution, but in the few interactions that we've had, I really don't think KBledsoe is a scammer or anything. He may not take care of his gear the way I do, and I'm really hoping that he makes this right with the Doc .... but I'm quite positive that he wasn't in this to pawn off a sub-par instrument onto some unsuspecting buyer.

• Members

Like I said, I kinda know this guy ... and I really disagree with what you've said here. Clearly his actions are suspect, and I'm not trying to clear what he did because there seems to be a definite need for some kind of retribution, but in the few interactions that we've had, I really don't think KBledsoe is a scammer or anything. He may not take care of his gear the way I do, and I'm really hoping that he makes this right with the Doc .... but I'm quite positive that he wasn't in this to pawn off a sub-par instrument onto some unsuspecting buyer.

Bottom line......he was dishonest and misleading about the condition of the guitar, especially the frets.

• Members

Bottom line......he was dishonest and misleading about the condition of the guitar, especially the frets.

This is probably true ... but I'm hoping Kyle is the good guy I think him to be and that everything turns out alright with the good doctor on this one.

I played that guitar and I know it sounds great. Too bad it was all banged up. FWIW though, when I had it awhile back, I don't remember the fret damage ... and I gave it a pretty thorough looking at.

• Members

What a bunch of whiny little bitches you guys can be. I am working this deal out with the buyer one on one. It's not about scamming. I have offered him what he wants.

My schedule is on each of my websites for anyone to see. Why would I try scamming someone on ANY website?

Deal is being worked out and he'll be a happy buyer.

• Members

It seems that without the extra pressure put on you by us "whiny little bitches" you woudn't have been forced to work out a deal with the good Dr. , call us what you like...if it gets Scott his money back than this "whiny little bitch" is happy!

• Members
you know what, you guys are a bunch of whiny bitches, quite being so condescending and high almight. Like it took 4 PAGES of people saying the same s$%^ over and over. Almost right away the guy said he would try to and work with scottie. It's like a damn woman's soap opera. Luckily, for all of your guys sanity, this looks like it will work out.

Hey we jus lookin out for the Doc, but no matter what he pulled a fast one..imo
:wave:

• Members

Call it what you will - and means and methods can and will be debated and questioned - but there does exist a communal responsibility to protect the integrity and relative safety of this forum. Doc made it a community issue when he asked for opinions through posting a thread. He felt he needed community support and got it.

"Whining" - or the expressing opinions - on the internet has influenced corporations and governments. It is an extremely powerful - and dangerous - tool that can accomplish amazing things (such as another whole season of "Jericho" - jk). And everybody knows what is said about opinions and everybody having one...

We just would like to see a little justice. If, after all this, Doc and Kyle (please note the avoidance of the term 'Douchebag') can work out an amicable arrangement and both parties are satisfied, there will be justice and the community can rest.

And to Kyle - there has been some expressed anger here - but we are all rooting for you to do the right thing. You're correct - you are too exposed on the internet to be a 'scammer', but the community at large is questioning just how forthcoming you were when describing this guitar. The bottom line is this: Doc has substantial credibility on this forum and felt compelled to bring the issue to the Forum's attention and even go as far as to file a PayPal complaint. To reach that level of action speaks volumes to all of us. Unfortunately for you, opinions and words can form more quickly than action can be taken. As long as the Doc ends up happy, we all do.

• Members
to see. Why would I try scamming someone on ANY website?

Deal is being worked out and he'll be a happy buyer.

It's good to see you're trying to taking care of the Dr.
If he happens to decide to return the guitar, maybe you could also have him send the pics, so you could use them, so this error don't occur with the next buyer.:thu:

Archived