....Still looking for lefty Fender Strats (avatar info)

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

.....It's simple guys....

If you guys can point me in the direction of some left handed Fender strats....(besides the ones I know of on evilbay).....I will keep posting avatars that keep it interesting.

Local stores

Local Craigslists

Other forums

There have to be some Lefty strats out there for sale....

Meanwhile, let me know when you are ready for the next avatar!!

• Members
Check the Detroit Craigslist - I'm not 100% but I think there were a few lefty guitars there. Are you looking for anything in particular? The other guitar player in my band is a lefty so I know how hard it can be to find a good one.

Hey there!!

I am just looking for Fender strats. MIJ, MIM, or USA all ok.....

I am a righty that flips lefty's upside down, and strings righty..... so I am not a true left handed player, although I can play somewhat lefty, such as basic chords and pentatonics..... I am most definately a righty player, but I have always been somewhat ambidextrous, as it makes no difference to me which hand I eat with, brush my teeth with, open jars with...etc..etc... I shoot pool left handed, but I throw right. I can write with both hands, but writing is neater and slightly quicker with right.

But to answer your question....I am on a mission to add a couple lefty's to my always growing Fender strat collection.

• Members
I know that Guitar Center in Marietta, Ga had some about three weeks ago. I will never do business with them again, but I know they were there.

Hope this helps.

Backer... if you are not interested in doing business with them than neither am I. Are you speaking of just that Guitar Center, or GC in general?

• Members

I think my local shop has one or 2. I think MIM and maybe USA. They are new, but they sell anywhere from$50 to $100+ less than the big chains and on-line guys.

If you want, I 'll check with them when they open and see about prices. They are happy to sell to you dirrect and will ship it too. Best music shop I ever been in in my 25+yrs of hitting music shops

• Members

that's funny doc, I've had a lefty RG550 that is still the one I go to for a great feel. I use it all the time. I got used to the lefty trem arm position also and like the knobs on top... time to start a new club? the lefy-righties...

• Members
that's funny doc, I've had a lefty RG550 that is still the one I go to for a great feel. I use it all the time. I got used to the lefty trem arm position also and like the knobs on top... time to start a new club? the lefy-righties...

I'll be honest, when I first met Randy Hansen, who is IMHO, the best Hendrix tribute player out there, I was hooked. For those of you who aren't framiliar with Randy, take a look....... this guy is no bedroom dreamer... he's the real deal when it comes to replicating as close as possibe the work of Hendrix....this clip is from 2 weeks ago:

Keep in mind that Randy has been doing "Hendrix" since the 70's....... around 1978 to 1985 he was just about spot on Hendrix, and he's still damn good for being almost 60..... check out the 2 Beatles tunes at the end!!

• Members
I'll be honest, when I first met Randy Hansen, who is IMHO, the best Hendrix tribute player out there, I was hooked. For those of you who aren't framiliar with Randy, take a look....... this guy is no bedroom dreamer... he's the real deal when it comes to replicating as close as possibe the work of Hendrix....
this clip is from 2 weeks ago
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJCPIQfW5U&feature=related

Keep in mind that Randy has been doing "Hendrix" since the 70's....... around 1978 to 1985 he was just about spot on Hendrix, and he's still damn good for being almost 60..... check out the 2 Beatles tunes at the end!!

Crazy good player; great post!:thu:

• Members
Backer... if you are not interested in doing business with them than neither am I. Are you speaking of just that Guitar Center, or GC in general?

Well, definately that one, but I have had issues with three GC's now. The one in marietta was supposed to replace my stock mim fat strat pu's with Gold Lace and had my geet for nearly two weeks. I was patient...when I called they'd said that it was finished. When I showed, the guy had it all ripped apart, with no end in site. He said, "Lace Sensors are very intricate. They take quite a bit work in wiring." I said, "uhhhh....OK....Give Me My Guitar please." :facepalm:

Went to Sam Ash, done in three days...perfect....now my MIM sounds AWESOME.:lol:

• Members
Backer.... does your '07 MIM have medium jumbos? 22 frets? maple or rosewood?

Hell...i may just buy a new lefty MIM and call it a day.

21 frets, Maple, and I gig with it regularly. Yes, it is MIM, but with the Gold Lace's, who cares?!? The only thing that really bothered me about MIM's were the PU's. I locked the trem on mine, lowered the action...I love it. And you know I own a 76, 74, 73 and 70. I play them, but can't gig regularly with them.
?action=view&current=img119.jpg

• Members
Well, definately that one, but I have had issues with three GC's now. The one in marietta was supposed to replace my stock mim fat strat pu's with Gold Lace and had my geet for nearly two weeks. I was patient...when I called they'd said that it was finished. When I showed, the guy had it all ripped apart, with no end in site. He said, "Lace Sensors are very intricate. They take quite a bit work in wiring." I said, "uhhhh....OK....Give Me My Guitar please."
:facepalm:

Went to Sam Ash, done in three days...perfect....now my MIM sounds AWESOME.
:lol:

That's insane. I could have done it for you in half an hour. I've never heard a good story about someone at GC doing "repair" work, but Wow.

• Members

I'm in NY, and have had the worst luck at Sam Ash, I can't get the dude behind the counter to get off the phone with his band mate and help me make a sale. I have money in hand, and I end up walking out of there all the time, they are just closer than GC. I have no problems with the local GC, there one sales guy I go look for. I never get work done at either though, there's a great local luthier that I can take my stuff to that's not expensive, if you can deal with his "I am guitar God" attitude, he does great work. I usually do most of my own work, but I won't re-fret and I once in a while the luthier will get a setup outta me. The few times I bought a guitar from GC and they said they set it up, I took it to the luthier because it played like boiled ass. They sell guitars, not fix them..

OH also here in NY the craigslist recently has gotten ridiculous, used stuff going for the same price as MF or GC.. I don't know what these folks are thinking, I used to get great deals on the list but it's just not been that way recently

• Members

I have a 2003 Lefty sunburst MIM Strat w/ hardshell case that I'm looking to part with. It has the Fender '68 reissue pickups in it. The main issue is that the nut needs to be replaced. Other than that, there are a couple of small dings, a white spot on the pickguard where there was a sticker, and there is a crack along the edge of the case.

I attached some pictures from a few months ago to give you an idea of what it looks like, and I can take some more pictures if you're interested.

I'm new to these forums, but my Ebay ID is sethren0515, and I have a 100% feedback rating. I'm looking for $225.00 plus freight, but this is negotiable.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

Seth