Unforunately I have to Sell Alot of Equipment

Axeslinger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Axeslinger:

I've been on the road most of the past three weeks so never saw this or your other thread.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and I hope that with time you can recover part of what you were before this happened.

Will you not allow us to buy this Strat for you? Just reading the posts was so sad and at the same time so beautiful, to know that people will reach out and want to help--

I offer $50 toward it and hope others will pipe in so that you will be able to keep it.

With condolences-- George :thu:

• Members

Axeslinger:

I've been on the road most of the past three weeks so never saw this or your other thread.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and I hope that with time you can recover part of what you were before this happened.

Will you not allow us to buy this Strat for you? Just reading the posts was so sad and at the same time so beautiful, to know that people will reach out and want to help--

I offer $50 toward it and hope others will pipe in so that you will be able to keep it.

With condolences-- George
:thu:

sounds like a good idea. i'l pitch in what i can if you provide a pp account.

• Members
Axeslinger:

With condolences-- George
:thu:

That's an amazing gesture. I think it's a great idea... we should buy our HC brother a guitar... maybe he'd like a 99 American Deluxe Strat. :thu:

• Members

Guys,, Thank you.. But as I've said from day one, I will not take charity.. I give to charities but I don't accept it.. I allowed the people at the forum I administrate to do this and I am going to have a drawing for one of my guitars equal in value to the total donation so some one will get a huge "thank you" for contributing and I can feel ok about allowing them to do that..

I sincerely thank those of you that have extended sympathies.. I ordered my daughter's headstone this morning in a Pink Granite.. I didn't realize that wasn't included in one of the other facets... I don't want charity.. I'm simply trying to sell things I've accumulated over the years to pay for her burial..

• Members

I hope someone could copy and paste this, because I believe that I might be one of the people on axeslinger's ignore list. I would like to extend my further apologies not merely for his situation but if he felt that I personally attempted to take advantage of his very untimely and terrible situation. "Lowballing" offers to you at this time was never my intention, as someone that works in a sales field, I made an initial offer of $600 for the strat hoping that would entice axeslinger to respond with a counter-offer. My strategies were not meant to be insulting. I apologize.

• Members

Axeslinger,

You live about an hour from me and I have been watching your posts. Your brothers wanting to bless you is not charity, but I do respect your pride in wanting to take care of things yourself. When I lost my Dad unexpected three years ago, I didn't think I wanted help either. If you will take it, I want to give you one of my Les Pauls to honor your daughter and help with the costs or you can do with it as you like. Contact me and we can make arrangements. God Bless you and your family.

• Members

But I'm sure I'm not the only forum member whose heart is breaking every time I see this ad and read words like "Another one I hate to part with..."

Axe, if you would just establish and publish word of a Paypal account we can take care of this for you.

Failing that, if I get private messages from enough folks who can trust me to do the right thing and will send contributions (Doc Scottie knows me and I'm fairly public), I will offer you $800 for the Strat. Each donation will be acknowledged. You can ship to me and then I will be free to ship it back to you.

I'm initially offering $50 into the pool...

my private e-mail is guitar23@att.net.

Peace, George :thu:

• Members

George,

I very much appreciate what you are trying to do.. I have PM'ed you with my thoughts on the matter.. Please read before doing anything..

Bump for the 1550 and Pod XT Pro w/SKB case..
I've owned a lot of Ibanez instruments including a couple Jems and numerous 550s.. This is the best Ibanez I've ever owned..

• Members

Sorry for your loss!

Honestly, a recent happening in my life (through this board ironically) and reading this thread, have helped me for a mile or two on my reastablishing my faith in humanity!

Some really decent peeps around here....

• Members
Some really decent peeps around here....

Indeed...:thu:

Bump for a price adjustment on an unbelievable 1550.. Don't mistake it with a 550... Different trem.. Different feel..

I'm familiar with the old 550s and the reissue 550s... This is a cut above.. maybe 2..

• Members

Are the pickups on the 1550 good for metal?

Depends upon what you mean by Metal I suppose.. That does seem to be an ever evolving definition;)

The track "Lost in the Clouds" on my Myspace page was done largely with this instrument.. Albeit 5 yr old now. There it is, what this instrument is worth in the hands of a hack:facepalm:

It's all original, pickups and all.... The instrument is better than I am

• Members

hi, hey Axeslinger..Sorry about all your troubles ,, such a beautiful girl man..dang..God mst have wanted her home ! ...

I just wanted to say I feel for you ..pink granite sweet ....this is really sad stuff ..I wish you & your family the best ...

condolances from Kevin ,,,,,Please let time heal..this is a hard one for you guys I'm sure ! Prayers are w/ you man ! ..

Archived