1999 Strat: A Raffle to Help Axeslinger

guitar23

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Folks, I spoke with Paypal this morning and while they claim they cannot retroactively waive their fees for the Axeslinger raffle, they did just "downgrade" my account to a "personal" account and they claim that this will then "waive" any fees they would charge for the contributions to the Axeslinger raffle.

The net result is Axe will get all of the money from all contributions sent after 10:30 AM EST today.

I have no intention of selling or buying anything on Paypal over the next 8 days (the raffle closes August 15). Then I can "upgrade" my account back to a business account.

Help me out folks, did I do anything "wrong"? I'm no Paypal expert... but this seems like an easy way to get more bucks to our buddy Axe...

SO FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING DONATING-- now you know that all of it will go to Axeslinger!

George :thu:

• Members
$$$ sent. If I win he keeps the guitar to do what he wishes. Cheers, Lucius

Lucius, your feeling is shared by many people, but Axe says he won't have it. I'm hoping, as many others are, that he will use ALL the money raised for the raffle to help him over this financial hump-- we are over the $850 mark as of this morning.

Thanks all, I need to catch up on all this tonight and will have e-mail out to all contributors late tonight with your numbers. Also will post the "handles" of each of you here so folks will know who the good guys and gals are. Thanks, G :thu:

• Members

Can people from outside of the US also enter?

Johan, here's my made up on the spur of the moment answer:

YES. Provided that if you win, you will Paypal up to an extra $50 to cover international shipping-- Axe will determine shipping cost and let you know what shipping will be if you win... sound fair?

• Members

I am helping to run a bennefit raffle along with an awesome forumite named Alley Trash, for another forumite in the electric guitar forum. Some of you may know Leopardstar.

Anyway, Ours ends before this one.

I am trying not to use my pay pal account during the raffle for anything other than the raffle to keep the numbers simple.

When that raffle ends, I would like to buy a few entries in this raffle. Should be tuesday or so.

Axeslinger is a hell of a good dude.

This is a good thing you are doing.

• Members

Johan, here's my made up on the spur of the moment answer:

YES. Provided that if you win, you will Paypal
up to an extra $50
to cover international shipping-- Axe will determine shipping cost and let you know what shipping will be if you win... sound fair?

Yes that sounds very fair. I will be happy to cover any shipping costs.

I've sent some money your way, you should have them shortly. :wave:

Archived