- Warning -

Flavatrocious

• Members

Ok guys, just thought i'd let you all know that my house got broken into last week and from what i'm hearing crime seems to be worse than normal due to the economy and what not.

They stole my beautiful PRS custom 24 that i had modified to suit my needs and my crappy LTD MH-400.

So, let my experience be a lesson for everyone and make sure you take all the necessary precautions. Losing your {censored} really sucks.

Peace.

• Members

Ok guys, just thought i'd let you all know that my house got broken into last week and from what i'm hearing crime seems to be worse than normal due to the economy and what not.

They stole my beautiful PRS custom 24 that i had modified to suit my needs and my crappy LTD MH-400.

So, let my experience be a lesson for everyone and make sure you take all the necessary precautions. Losing your {censored} really sucks.

Peace.

So info and pics? Let us know where you're located, model, serial # if you have it, and pictures...

It's a longshot, but it could be spotted by someone here if we had more info.

• Members

That really sucks dude. I've been there also.

Come up with a list of what was taken along with pics and serial numbers if you have them and send copies to ALL the pawnshops, music stores (Mom & Pops, GCs, MGR, etc) and law enforcement agencies within a 75 mile radius ASAP!!! The longer you wait, the less chance you'll have to get your stuff back.

I got lucky and half my {censored} showed up in an area Music-Go-Round (I had a good friend that worked there: he recognized my stuff when it walked in the door and didnt like their reason for selling it). Hopefully you'll get your stuff back also.

• Members

Sorry to her that man! We need a network for stolen gear...maybe a site that everyone donates too...I'm in for it.

Our Bass player left his van running NOT LOCKED on Christmas eve I think 1994 cant remember...lol

we where going to play at the old HILLCREST in Portage Lakes Akron oh

It was 10 degrees out ...and these kids decide to take a joy ride...

Well guess they where shocked when looked in back and saw all of out(mostly my equipment)

instead of ditching ..the idiot kids thought they could park the equipment in grandma's garage.

Those stupid kids tried to sell my hard tail not even about 2 miles from where it was stolen

my old fender hard tail they tried to unload is what saved me from losing 3000.00 worth of equipment along with everyone else's...

I know the feeling...feel for you...

• Members

That sucks brudda!! You can also check out Screaming Stone Stolen Music Instrument Recovery Project @ www.screamingstone.com Fill out info pics serial #s etc you never know man,THIEVES SUCK !!! But times are a bitch for most of us right now,and the {censored}heads will come out of woods!!Good luck ,hope you get your stuff back,and thosef@#kers get what they deserve.

• Members

You guys need to get insurance.

I have music equipment insurance through clarion insurance.

All risk insurance. Not the same as an addon to your homeowner's/renter's. It's covered everywhere, even in a trailer.

$24K covered for $306/year

I have this fear of what it seems like some of you have went though. Mostly because if someone jacked it all I don't know how I'd ever be able to buy it all back. It's hard enough to scrape together the cash to buy a nice guitar these days, let alone replace your whole rig. :facepalm:

BTW sorry about your loss. :(

• Members

Yes, everybody needs to get insurance! I put it under my mom so that way its less than half the price and so I could get the full amount back if something happened. I have $120k covered and pay $79 a year, its honestly worth every penny. Sorry about your loss bro, good luck!

• Members

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

I'm located in San antonio, Texas.

Here's a pic of the PRS Custom 24. Only now it has black pick-up rings and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. It also has a bronze tuning peg where all the rest are silver. It also has been modded to fit 13 - 72 gauge strings. So its basically a baritone.

• Members

Yes, everybody needs to get insurance! I put it under my mom so that way its less than half the price and so I could get the full amount back if something happened. I have $120k covered and pay $79 a year, its honestly worth every penny. Sorry about your loss bro, good luck!

Who is your insurance with?

• Members

This sort of stuff burns me up.

:mad:

There should be a section of this forum to place serial numbers & descriptions of stolen instruments. A lot of the people here buy/sell/trade a lot of gear. I'm betting that we could, over time, locate some of it.

:confused:

Archived