-------------Extremely Unique '73 Les Paul....all custom FSOT!!

MBreinin

• Members

Here we have the most pimptastic Les Paul you are going to find this month. Forget your 3D ribbon flame tops...get some genuine Hot-Rod action here with this flip flop metallic painted bad boy. Done by Paintguy from TGP and done so well he couldn't bring himself to play it! I have been playing it for the last two months or so, I am sure I even managed to put some scratches on it. This started life as a regular '73 Deluxe. It has been routed for full size hums, the neck has been shaved above the 9th fret to a very comfortable and fast profile, slightly thicker than a '60s style Gibson neck. Jumbo frets replace the stockers, the hideous volute has been removed. Pickups are Amalfitano hand wound humbuckers and they sound great, fat PAF tones. Action is low and comfy, the neck is great in the lower registers and then fattens to close to a '50s profile as you get closer to and above the 12th fret. Former owner told me it weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces. I never weighed it myself.

The paint, well see for yourself. I know this isn't House of Kolors, but it is essentially the same stuff...can't remember the brand. Very pricey paint that goes from gold to green to red to burgundy to purple. This guitar wears this slick paint head to toe. The HS has been ghosted with it..the fret markers are done in it, the binding is ghosted with it. I can assure you, this one will stand out on stage. Paint is in excellent condition with a gorgeous high gloss. A really nice, quality job.

Actually everything about this guitar is great. I really like it. However, the old bankroll isn't what it used to be...and with the economy in the tank, I am not buying anything new for a while. So, my boredom could be your next love. That is really it....I am bored.

Here is what I would be interested in:

SGs, especially white ones

Firebird? Never owned one!

Maybe a relic Strat, if it gets along with Marshalls;

Maybe another LP, P-90s maybe?

A really good SG is top choice.

Full album here:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=2030595

FlipPaul3.JPG

Archived