Serious Ibanez content

uberthrall

• Members
770 and 750 are the same line. The 770 had no pickguard like the 570 and the 750 had a pickguard like the 550. The have the IBZ USA Pups (F1 F2 C2 F3) I think (Uber can verify which ones, I can't make them out in the pics) The pups would be the correct type for the 770 or 750 , I believe they would have just been changed for a nice color match.

Sorry to hijack with worthless Ibanez info.... stupid {censored} stays up here in my head

No problem Tor.....in fact, thanks for the input. You are indeed correct about the reason for the pup swap. The kid I bought it from said the original owner did it for aesthetic reasons. Don't know if that was such a great idea considering the devaluation of the 770DX they came out of. In fact if I end up keeping it, I plan on throwing a set of zebra EVOs in there.....with a purple metallic pickguard as well..........I'm a sucker for Ibanez ugliness.:love:

Now an update.....the blue 565 appears to be gone........local Craigslist guy. I thought I had the 750 sold too, but I haven't heard back from the potential buyer so it's still available, as is the red 565.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uber, if you keep the 750, and swap out pups, sell the C2 pup on Jemsite. The C2's go for a lot of money. I'm not sure why but I saw one go for 3 digits. Of course that was in better economic times.

Oh yeah, that was pretty much the plan I was going with. Alot of guys from the UK and Europe over there aren't chained to the weak assed dollar too.

To tell you the truth, with the blue probably gone this weekend, I'm most likely gonna be compelled to sell only one more. Hopefully I'll be able to hang onto the 750.

• Members

Here you go..........The sun caught the area in a way that really highlights the finish crack. It's not nearly as noticable as it appears in this pic. Also, it's just in the finish as is typical with these guitars.

axes008jn6.jpg

axes009vx8.jpg

And one of the locking nut area too.
axes005ca3.jpg

• Members

Thanks man. These 565's are really nice, I think these should be the next model they reissue.

I agree with you, brah. They're by far my favorite RG's. In fact, I have a 560 that I filled the middle pickup in and refinished it. I love the S/H pickup config. Frees up a lot of room in the middle for a heavy pick attack.

Never use those damn middle pickups anyway.

Good luck, man. If I find money layin around I'm sure as {censored} buying this.

Free bump.

Archived