Serious Ibanez content

uberthrall

• Members

Ok, due to some serious crap going down I'm in a position where I have to move a major portion of my Ibanez collection.

First up is a really clean 91' RG-565. This one appears to have been a real case queen, it even has all the original case candy still. You'd be hard pressed to find one cleaner than this. It does have the inevitable finish cracks in the neck pocket, but anyone who knows anything about these guitars knows it's pretty much par for the course. I'm looking for $699 or B.O. shipped and insured to the CONUS.

axes002sf0.jpg

axes006mi2.jpg

axes007fj6.jpg

Next up is the second 565. This one here's red, and unlike the blue one, is definitely not a case queen. There are chips and a few dings, and a rather prominent pocket crack on the bass side. This one also comes with the OHSC. I'm looking to get $549 shipped and insured to the CONUS.

axes020xo8.jpg

axes019ct7.jpg

axes022xf5.jpg

Last up is a really sweet 89' RG-750 in flipflop purple. The interesting thing about this one is the fact that the bridge and neck pups are from a violet RG-770DX. This one comes with a purple Dimarzio cliplock strap and a nice heavy duty Levy gigbag. I'm looking for $649 shipped and insured for this one.

axes012fh2.jpg

axes013vx7.jpg

I also wanted to mention that none of these guitars have any cracks at the locking nut. If anyone was interested in grabbing any two or all three of these,I'd be willing to cut a deal. Also,I'm not using Paypal for the time being,so a USPS money order would do just fine. And as always I have no problem speaking directly over the phone to anyone who's so inclined. Just PM me for my cell number.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.......usually when I get guitars in, I set them up or have them setup. Unfortunately I've had alot of weirdness go down lately, so as a result I haven't had a chance to do it with these ones. The 565's will need setups, while the 750 just some minor tweaking. Pretty standard stuff, but I wanted to mention it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members
  • Members

its killing me not being able to buy those...

Aw crap.........and you're local too!!:facepalm:

Maybe we could work something out along the lines of a trade/cash deal or something. Also, I'd knock something off the price considering shipping would be unnecessary.:idea:

• Members

Aw crap.........and you're local too!!
:facepalm:

Maybe we could work something out along the lines of a trade/cash deal or something. Also, I'd knock something off the price considering shipping would be unnecessary.
:idea:

If tendenitis and college didn't force me to sell off almost all my guitar stuff, that red one would've been mine before you even considered posting it.

free bump

• Members

The purple one makes me want to {censored} my meal! Do you know much about it regarding the wood of the body, the pick-ups, etc? I am in Southern NH and a real whore for old Ibanez RG's.
:)

Shoot me a PM with your number, lets see if we can work something out!
:thu:

I'll pipe in for Uber here -

Basswood body on the 750's - If these are the original pups (edit - yes they are) they are made by Dimarzio for Ibanez bridge is wound to a bit hotter than a Super Distortion and the neck, I'm not remembering right now, but they are very good pups. I had a 770 which was by far the fastest neck I've ever had on a guitar. The action was extremely low with no buzz. Ibby really had their stuff together when making these guitars. Supposedly they stopped because they were about half the price of the Jems and equal quality. I have had both (still have my Jem, I only sold the 770 because I didn't like the color) and would agreed wholly on this point. If you like a shredder guitar that does more than just shred, this would be top of the line, and Uber has it at a great price here.

• Members

I'll pipe in for Uber here -

Basswood body on the 750's - If these are the original pups (edit - yes they are) they are made by Dimarzio for Ibanez bridge is wound to a bit hotter than a Super Distortion and the neck, I'm not remembering right now, but they are very good pups. I had a 770 which was by far the fastest neck I've ever had on a guitar. The action was extremely low with no buzz. Ibby really had their stuff together when making these guitars. Supposedly they stopped because they were about half the price of the Jems and equal quality. I have had both (still have my Jem, I only sold the 770 because I didn't like the color) and would agreed wholly on this point. If you like a shredder guitar that does more than just shred, this would be top of the line, and Uber has it at a great price here.

Incredible, super thumbs up for the info, it's greatly appreciated! :cool:

• Members

About the pups, they are from a 770 but were put in the 750 afterwards, or Ibanez used the 770 pups in their 750 line? Or maybe they made an exception for the purple ones because it matched?
:confused:

770 and 750 are the same line. The 770 had no pickguard like the 570 and the 750 had a pickguard like the 550. The have the IBZ USA Pups (F1 F2 C2 F3) I think (Uber can verify which ones, I can't make them out in the pics) The pups would be the correct type for the 770 or 750 , I believe they would have just been changed for a nice color match.

Sorry to hijack with worthless Ibanez info.... stupid {censored} stays up here in my head

Archived