FS: Caparison TAT II - Frozen Sky (MINT)

AusTexCap

• Members

I am selling a brand new, mint condition Caparison TAT II Frozen Sky. I personally bought this guitar at Ikebe Gakki in Tokyo, Japan and carried it back to the US a couple weeks ago. The guitar has no scratches, dings, no belt buckle rash, and has never been gigged. It has fresh Snake Oil Brand .10s on it. With most Caparisons you would likely have to wait a few months to get this guitar since most of the dealers in the US can't keep them in stock for very long and they don't update their pages regularly enough to reflect what is actually in stock. If you like Ibanez, Jackson, and ESP you should definitely check out Caparison.

Photos can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachpeletz/sets/72157617128890993/

Ships worldwide, PM for PayPal, asking $1,950 and will consider trades (Suhr, PRS, Caparison, etc).

TAT II...Frozen Sky with Hard Case

Specifications

Neck Joint: Neck Through Body

HEAD

Head Stock: Devil's Tail with "Through And Through" Logo/White Binding

Head Angle: 15 degrees

Machine Heads: Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P

NECK

Neck Material: Hard Maple

Neck Grip: Caparison

Fingerboard Material: Ebony

Neck Scale: 648mm (25 1/2 inch.)

Nut Width: 42mm

No. of Frets: 24 Frets

Frets: Jumbo

Nut: Schaller R2, 42mm

Position Inlay: Clock

BODY

Body Shape: TAT

Body Material: Alder

Bridge: Schaller S-FRT II

ELECTRONICS

PICKUP

Neck Position: Caparison PH-F

Bridge Position: Caparison PH-R

Controls: Master Volume(CTS), 3Way Toggle Switch, Master Tone with Neck Pickup and Bridge Pickup Coil Split Switch(Push-Push Switch)

FINISH

Head Top: Black

Body Finish: Frozen Sky

Hardware Color: Schaller-Black, Gotoh-Cosmo Black

Tuning

CGCFAD

OTHERS

Strings: Snake Oil Brand (.010)

Accessories: Hard Case(CAG-1), Adjustable Wrench

• Members

Ok I know $400 was a lot and way too much. I've had to explain this everywhere I've posted my add. I took it to one guy in town who basically f*ck*d it up so I decided to take it to the absolute best guy in town who is ridiculously expensive but does an amazing job. When I bought the guitar it was with .09s and in EADGBE I play .10 or .11 in CGCFAD and am not comfortable setting up floating bridges, especially on guitars this expensive.

Hopefully that will shed some light on things. And yes before more people post I realize that this was too much money but at the time I was really pissed about the other guys work.

Anyways, my price is what I'd like to get in a perfect/ideal world with a great economy. Obviously that isn't the case SO I'm completely open to reasonable offers. PM me with offers.

Thanks.

• Members

If you were to buy this guitar from one of the five US dealers it would cost you about $2,600 and then add the $400 setup and that takes it to $3,000 brand new. In addition to that you would most likely have to wait a few months to get this guitar since most of the dealers in the US can't keep them in stock for very long.

I hope that $400 set-up came with a hand-job from a hot chick. The most I've heard of anyone charging for a set-up was $200 and this was from a well-know LA tech with very, very big-name clients.

If you get $1500.00 +/- for that guitar, in this market, consider yourself lucky. Few people even know about Caparisons, and fewer still would've shelled out $2600 for that. For that kind of money, most people look towards the big names like Gibson, Fender, and PRS which hold their resale value much better.

PS: www.guitarasylum.com has the same guitar in-stock. So I'm not too sure about how rare they are either.

:poke:

• Members

I have shelled out this sort of money for a Caparison recently and believe me it was worth every penny!! Those things are handcrafted in Japan and only 600 a year are made of every model. The build quality and attention to detail is breathtaking on a Caparison. Playability is second to none. All in all a superb guitar which could easily stand up to anything on the planet. Dude I would bid on this guitar but I live on the other side of the pond from you but good luck with the sale.:thu:

• Members

I assume that means no trades. I would of offered you my Gibson Les Paul Custom (which you may have an easier time selling). I just need a guitar with 24 jumbo frets, a decent tremolo, and is easy to sit down with.

If you change your mind on trades PM me. I have a guy who's interested now, but his communication isn't very consistent (probably due to his schedule).

Archived