'62 Thin Skin Telecaster, Fiesta Red possibly for trade

StratoSlacker

• Members

Putting this out there to see what trade offers come my way. If you want to make a cash offer, please do so via PM.

Let me state that I LOVE this guitar. Only reason I may consider trading is I recently acquired another double bound Tele. Thought I'd fish this baby and see what happens. I'm in no rush, I may decide to keep it. Please don't be offended if I don't take your trade or cash offer, even if it is very generous!

The details:

This is the Fender Special Factory Run thin skin '62 Telecaster. The thin nitro finish has some checking around the body. Can't see it unless it's in your face and you're looking for it.

Comes with original brown tolex case and case candy (6 saddle bridge, cable, strap, etc etc etc).

9.5" radius rosewood fingerboard, fatter frets, vintage tuning machines. Everything is stock.

This guitar is something special.

Things I like: Plexis, maple neck'd Teles, signature strats, strat ultra, PRS, semi-hollows. Would trade for a '52 Thin Skin tele, TT or HT.

will sell for $1300, you pay shipping/paypal

I can load more pics if needed

There's tons of info out there on this model. Here's a good review with loads of specs (not mine by the way):

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Fender/%2762+Thin+Skin+Reissue+Telecaster/10/1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

bump, thanks for all the compliments guys. the tele feels and plays as good as it looks, actually better.

Gherb, if I could check out your Tele in person some how I'd be interested. Not sure how that would happen however seeing i'm in MA and you're in PA.

• Members

Needing to hear mostly. I have a strat plus that I love, not sure i'd need a tele plus as well.

if you need to hear it, there are a TON of them on you tube...or, listen to the lead guitar on pretty much any radiohead album. That is a tele plus.

Let me know what you think.

Archived