1966 Gibson SG Special (Headstock Repair)

Slave2TheAudio

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmm, I've got an MIA Fender Strat Plus. 3-tone burst + rosewood board, pickups are all gold lace sensors. Unfortunately I don't really have any spare cash, and the Strat Plus (which I bought off some guy) is in need of repairs (either a new nut or something with the bridge, all of the strings buzz like crazy).

Hope you can find a good deal soon man. I really want an SG, but I'd rather one with humbuckers. Good luck!

• Members
Hmm, I've got an MIA Fender Strat Plus. 3-tone burst + rosewood board, pickups are all gold lace sensors. Unfortunately I don't really have any spare cash, and the Strat Plus (which I bought off some guy) is in need of repairs (either a new nut or something with the bridge, all of the strings buzz like crazy).

Hope you can find a good deal soon man. I really want an SG, but I'd rather one with humbuckers. Good luck!

Repair it and come see me!

• Members

Do you suppose you could take photos of the headstock outside under natural sunlight? That picture is difficult to make heads or tails of.

What exactly do you know about the pickups that are in it. Do you know how close they are to the original year?

You have no idea how hard it is as a Who fan to resist this guitar. :3

• Members
Do you suppose you could take photos of the headstock outside under natural sunlight? That picture is difficult to make heads or tails of.

What exactly do you know about the pickups that are in it. Do you know how close they are to the original year?

You have no idea how hard it is as a Who fan to resist this guitar. :3

Will do tomorrow. Want this thing to sell!

• Members
I don't think it's fishy, but I think the, essentially, black spray/tint over the repair area was a bad move by whomever did that. It makes it look like it's hiding something...The repair could be rock solid, but you can't even tell. Kind of a turn off.

Then don't buy it. Thanks for stopping by. It was a professional setup so it has a purpose.

• Members
I don't think it's fishy, but I think the, essentially, black spray/tint over the repair area was a bad move by whomever did that. It makes it look like it's hiding something...The repair could be rock solid, but you can't even tell. Kind of a turn off.

Generally when a neck break occurs, after getting it fixed the person doesn't want a big gouging line that reminds them that a crack is there.