USA Peavey Wolfgang Special, Sperzels, G&G Case, EMG

geekocaster

• Members

It's hard, Peavey kinda "shut down" their serial archives a couple of years ago.
Best bet would be to compare your serial number to some other Peavey wolfgangs with known production year, and see if both guitars are in the same ballpark.

But really, it's a mess to date Peavey guitars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I actually emailed Peavey's CS Dept today about the serial # on my Wolfgang Special and they wrote me back with all the production info on my specific guitar within 2 hours. Impressive! I'm tempted to trade you my Epi LP Elite but I'm going to hold out for a different Wolfgang model. I already have a Special with a stop tail. It's my number one. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I don't think they make the neck heavy since the

3+3 seems to be pretty balanced, the sperzels and the hard-tail stay in tune for days and string changing is a breeze. I only put them on there because I had extra sets from another project. They are actually Black-matte finish now
:thu:

Yeah im lookin for the easy string changes. My hardtail with the Schallers also stays in tune for days, think im gonna go with the Sperzel's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have an Orville By Gibson...early 90's model,I put a 500t/490 pup configuration in it...has an Epi Hardcase...Cherry Sunburst,set up and frets were dressed when I got it...might be interested in a trade with some cash on your end....PM me if you are interested and I will get some pics to you....

Archived