----------------------FS: Gibson '66 SG Custom in Polaris White

MBreinin

• Members

Ok, I hate to do this but I must.

Please no trades unless it is either something worth more that is easier to sell or a partial trade with cash. I am selling this ONLY to raise cash. I do not want to part with it, I am not bored with it....etc.

This is a '66 SG Custom in Polaris White. It is a gorgeous guitar that plays well and sounds great. This is not for a collector. This is for someone who wants some nice old wood and is ok with a lack of originality.

It has been refinished. The job is very nice. It is not perfect, but it is extremely good. It is an original Polaris White guitar.

It does not have the original pickups, although I have the stock pots/switches, etc (all wired up). The pots and switches have been replaced with a full RS vintage kit. Pickups are Wolfetone Marshallheads with A2 magnets. I tried many pickups in this guitar and these sounded best.

It has been converted to a 2 pickup configuration with a repro guard. I also have a vintage black 2 hole guard and a vintage 3 holer in cream, if you wish to make it a 3 PU guitar again. They come with it.

It has the Nashville bridge inserts added for tuning stability and durability. You can use the trem and it will stay in tune.

The neck is slim in fretboard width, but with a nice hand filling profile. I will have to measure it, but it is likely 1 5/8 at best at the nut. Ebony fretboard is in very nice shape. Frets feel either original, or an old refret. They are on the small side and vintage. They have plenty of life left in them and the guitar is very playable as is. But they are not new and they are not jumbos.

Tuners are original as are the knobs, as far as I know.

I think that is it. Comes with what appears to be the original, or at least period correct, case with purple lining.

I have around 30 high res pics of this guitar. If you want to see more, PM me.

$3500 OBO.

Compare that to the cost of a new reissue, and ask yourself...why not have a real one???

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5-2.JPG

Archived