OT: NFL Football 2005-2006!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by tucktronix

Oh yeah, I remember that '81/'82 season in the playoffs, that big air show betw them and the Dolphins. Kellen Winslow put up impressive numbers before he got hurt in that game. One of the best games ever!

Agreed. Ranks right up there with that Dolphins/Jets Monday night game in 2000. I've never seen anything like that... :eek:

I loved Kellen Winslow - he was the man!

dB

• Members

Dave, I'm with you all the way on the Eagles. Live in Oregon now, but managed to get 4 tickets to the Broncos-Eagles game in Denver..... drooling already! Saw them a few years ago when they beat the Seahawks in Seattle, but it has been a long dry spell. Lots of Eagles fans around here, in fact there's an Eagles Club I can walk to that is about 10 minutes from my house.... little taste of Philly here in Portland. Click on the pic to get a view of the fans!

http://www.eaglesnestpdx.com/index2.html

Take Care

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Bryce

HD rawks!
:D

Whassup, brother Jack...
:cool:

dB

Nada, just checkin' the new digs.

So, do you think that Mr. Moss will help out your Raiders, or will he be a distraction?

More importantly, who you gonna root for on 9/25?
:eek:

Wait, I know, you'll root for whoever wins. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Sylver

So, do you think that Mr. Moss will help out your Raiders, or will he be a distraction?

Hard to say. I think Moss is a head case, but then again, the Raiderrs have had more than there share of those...including the owner. :rolleyes:

More importantly, who you gonna root for on 9/25?

:eek:

Wait, I know, you'll root for whoever wins.
;)

Do I have to answer that? :D

Basically, I'll be rooting for a good game. :cool:

dB

• Members
Originally posted by tucktronix

Oh yeah, I remember that '81/'82 season in the playoffs, that big air show betw them and the Dolphins. Kellen Winslow put up impressive numbers before he got hurt in that game. One of the best games ever!

As a Charger fan, that is on the short list of things to be proud of. :cool: It is the one good thing I hear from fans of other NFL teams over the years.

I remember watching the game as a little kid. The NFLFilms version is awesome - shots of Winslow and Fouts bleeding yet rallying the guys around them - total NFL warrior moment.

• Members

Hard to say. I think Moss is a head case, but then again, the Raiderrs have had more than there share of those...including the owner.
:rolleyes:

So far, though, all reports are that Randy's fitting in well with the Raiders offense, which you'd kinda expect. Sounds like he's also been taking something of a leadership role for the younger guys on the team. Absent injury, seems like he's going to definitely be a benefit.

In any event, the Raiders are definitely a team that welcome's personalities, so long as they perform out on the field.

Heya Jackpine! Glad to see you here. However, I believe you left out the word "suck" from your statement. Go Lions!!!! :D

[Edit: I see Mike and I were typing at the same time, with the same thought! :cool: ]

• Members
:) Hi folks. Wandering Giants fan here.

Eli has a better line this year, more experience, and a diverse package of targets. They'll break .500, and just might be the suprise team of the NFC.

As for the rest of the NFC East..
Will Owens and Philly make up before the season starts?
Will Reid's bad clock management in the SB be the catalyst for some locker room dissention?

I expect the Cowboys to be better this year. Bill has his ball control offense in place. The young defense might need another year of tinkering.

I don't know what to expect from the Redskins. I'll guess 5-11.

• Members

There is little or no hope for Owens. He's not "normal". He needs to stay on his medication and go to counseling twice a week and he might make it through another season.

I guess that's where fugitives from the rubber room go when they're also an athlete, the NFL. Maybe Oakland would have been a better place for him. California is better equipped than PA to handle idiots. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

• Members
Originally posted by Red Winger

Four little letters my man: T-I-V-O.
;)

I really should get into this century's technologies, shouldn't I? Hey, I finally have an iPod at least.

But how can I sleep on Friday night knowing that actual professional football players are playing a game being aired on live television and I'm missing it?

In other news, the Raiders' regular season schedule is RIDICULOUSLY tough. :mad:

Thursday, September 8
@ New England Patriots

Sunday, September 18
vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Sunday, September 25
@ Philadelphia Eagles

Sunday, October 2
vs. Dallas Cowboys

Sunday, October 9
@ BYE

Sunday, October 16
vs. San Diego Chargers

Sunday, October 23
vs. Buffalo Bills

Sunday, October 30
@ Tennessee Titans

Sunday, November 6
@ Kansas City Chiefs

Sunday, November 13
vs. Denver Broncos

Sunday, November 20
@ Washington Redskins

Sunday, November 27
vs. Miami Dolphins

Sunday, December 4
@ San Diego Chargers

Sunday, December 11
@ New York Jets

Sunday, December 18
vs. Cleveland Browns

Saturday, December 24
@ Denver Broncos

Saturday, December 31
vs. New York Giants

Grrrr.

- Jeff

• Members

I'm going to the 10/2 Cowboys game and the 11/13 Broncos game.

Bunny and I were talking about catching a game this season. Maybe we should shoot for that Horsies game on 11/13. :cool:

Round trip ticket to Oaktown from LA: $125
Good seats for the game: $140
Watching the Raidahs spank Denver: Priceless

There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's Randy Moss.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff da Weasel

Round trip ticket to Oaktown from LA: $125

Not on Sunday, my brother - check out Southwest...the return flight is a bitch.

Good seats for the game: $140

Good seats? Really? I paid $190

Where you gettin' yer tix?

dB

• Members

Not on Sunday, my brother - check out Southwest...the return flight is a bitch.

I might have to stay in Bunnyland for a night, hang out, record a tune or something, fly back on Monday night.

Good seats? Really? I paid $190

Perhaps our definition of "good" varies slightly here. :D

- Jeff

Archived