A Complete Sea Change - Goodbye Gear, Hello Porsche 911; with photos and prices

mclmk8d

• Members

I've been thinking long and hard for a while about this, and had a discussion with my son also regarding selling most of my gear and using the money towards an older Porsche 911, most likely a 1987 or 1988, preferably a coupe. I've wanted a Porsche since I was 12...that's a long time. This desire has increased since I started doing HPDEs in my WRX. My playing has been reduced to a minimal amount...I don't need 7 guitars and 4 amps, and I would get more pleasure from the Porsche.

I've decided that I'm only going to keep two guitars and one amp, and everything else goes.

Staying is my Gibson CS-336, my Ron Kirn Barnbuster Tele, and my 1971 Marshall SuperLead 100 (this was bought as an investment also, and as one of the things I'm passing on to my son Michael).

As for my pedals, I'm only keeping my EMMA ReezaFratzitz, my Skin Pimp Mark III fuzz, and my Fulltone GT-500 Boost/Distortion.

What is going?

Guitars

1999 Fender MIA Strat in Ocean Turquoise Metallic with maple neck, Fender Red Label HSC - $800/ OBOimg2167s.jpg

2004 CIJ double bound Tele with Bigsby and VVT pickups $900 img2172s.jpg

2005 Custom Shop Time Machine 63 Tele NOS in CAR, which was never even played and still has the plastic on the pickguard. SOLD

2006 Gibson Diamond Series ES-335 with Bigsby in Pelham Blue - $3,000img2253s.jpgimg2252s.jpg

2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded in Honeyburst.(ON HOLD)

Amps

1971 Marshall JMP Tremolo 50w smallbox with original footswitch and Bulgin, NOS tubes - $2,800

img2174m.jpgimg1473vx.jpg

img2629i.jpg

Carol-Ann OD2 100 EL34 in cream tolex with footswitch ($2,700), all original

img2640s.jpg

Paul Ruby Train Wreck Rocket clone built for John Speck. This is Diana; nos tubes, including 70s Saratov EL84s (ON HOLD).img1003sx.jpg

Pedals going are:

Line 6 MM4 with box, papers, and Line 6 power supply - $140

rare and original 1985 MIJ Boss Dimension C- works perfectly - $180

Dr. Scientist Tremolessence Version 2, excellent and barely used...with box and papers SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

MXR Carbon Copy with box and papers, excellent and barely used - $120

CAE dual Fasel MC404 Wah pedal - like new condition, used only once - $145

img2531o.jpg

I also have 4 cabs, 1997 Marshall 1960 TV 412, Bogner 412 UberKab, Mojo 212 (my favorite I think..Celestion Gold and a Scumbag G12H75), and a Mesa 112 with a Fane Medusa 150. I haven't yet decide which cab is staying, so no prices yet.

Prices do not include shipping or Paypal; we can work that out.

PMs or emails for inquiries and more details.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was supposed to be at the Hangout Festival with my son this weekend but he got strep throat, so here I am bumping this thread...there is some wiggle room in the prices of the amps and guitars...email me with offers. That Porsche is calling to me!:snax:

• Members

SUNDAY MORNING AND IT'S HOT HERE. TIME FOR A PRICE DROP.

GUITARS

1999 Fender MIA Strat in Ocean Turquoise Metallic with maple neck, Fender Red Label HSC - Now $760

2004 CIJ double bound Tele with Bigsby and VVT pickups - Now $875

2006 Gibson Diamond Series ES-335 with Bigsby in Pelham Blue - Now $2,925

AMPS

1971 Marshall JMP Tremolo 50w smallbox with original trannies, rare original footswitch & Bulgin power cord, red dye everywhere, NOS tubes -Now $2,750

Carol-Ann OD2 100 EL34 in cream tolex, all original. Alan once wrote me that he did only a couple in cream. Now $2,650

Line 6 MM4 with box, papers, and Line 6 power supply - $140

rare and original 1985 MIJ Boss Dimension C- works perfectly - ON EBAY

MXR Carbon Copy with box and papers, excellent and barely used - SOLD

CAE dual Fasel MC404 Wah pedal - like new condition, used only once - $145

NOW ADDED -

BOGNER UBERKAB: incredible sounding and perfect for those with Uberschall heads; This has an X-pattern of Celestion V30s (30w each) and G12T-75s (75w each) at 8 ohms. DUE TO THE WEIGHT (100 LBS), I'm putting this up for local pickup or meeting in the middle pickup (will go 100 miles) in South Florida only. $850

img2652y.jpg

MESA BOOGIE 112 CAB with a Fane Medusa 150w, 8 ohms. $300

img2653mf.jpg

Prices do not include shipping or Paypal; we can work that out. Pedals do include shipping and paypal, but Line 6 MM4 and CAE do not include shipping due to weight.

PMs or emails for inquiries and more details.

• Members
Take a moment out of your lives to remember those who served our country and gave their lives to protect you; and don't forget those brave men and women who are serving now; keep them in your protective thoughts.

Bumping this TTT; its been a while and there is a change.
I've decided to keep the Gibson ES335 and instead, sell my CS-336F, a flame top Vintage Sunburst 2002 in excellent condition. The previous owner put in WCR pickups; I don't remember which ones. Comes With the original Gibson Custom, Art & Historic black hardshell case, case candy, truss rod, and COA. $2,300 shipped, you do paypal.
The other items are still available. Email or PM me with questions and offers.
HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE WEEKEND.
THE 336 IS IN THE MIDDLE
img2251s.jpg
img2169sq.jpg

• Members

and tomorrow is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! I CAN'T WAIT :thu::)
bump it up and buy my gear.
2002 Gibson CS-336F
2004 Fender CIJ Tele
1999 Fender American Std Strat

1971 Marshall JMP 50w Smallbox Tremolo
Carol-Ann OD2 100w EL34s

Line 6 MM4
Boss Dimension-C (Off the Market!)
CAE MC404 Wah
MXR Carbon Copy (possible sale in the works but not definite yet)

• Members

Jon, thanks for the bump. I hope you are enjoying the Tele (and I hope you took the plastic off the pickguard:D.
Did you do the recordings with it? Going to listen to it a bit later...watching 24 Hours of Le Mans now....stay well

• Members

CS-336F is sold

I will be leaving for the summer tomorrow morning. If you are interested in any of my gear, email me with questions, offers, etc. I will have my computer with me. However, nothing will be shipped until I return in mid-August.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there...enjoy it.:)

• Members

What's Left?
The 2 Fenders: 1999 MIA Standard Strat Ocean Turquoise, 2004 CIJ Tele double-bound with Bigsby
The 2 Amps: 1971 Marshall JMP 50w Tremolo Smallbox, Carol-Ann OD2 100w EL34
The 3 Pedals: CAE wah, Boss vintage 1985 Dimension-C, and Line 6 MM-4

Make offers and I will put you on the list...I cannot ship until Mid August.

• Members

The 1999 MIA Fender Standard Strat Ocean Turquoise, now $750 shipped
The 2004 CIJ Tele double-bound with Bigsby, now $825 shipped

The CAE MC404 dual fasel wah, now $135 shipped
The vintage MIJ Boss Dimension-C,blue label from 1985, $230 shipped (these are selling on ebay for $250
The Line 6 MM-4, now $135 shipped

Email or PM me if interested; I will be away til mid-August

Archived