Custom Waterslide Headstock Decals

vidiot72

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, just put mine on and took some pics

(I changed the position I had in mind a little bit)

I think it came out really nice

good job by vidiot

full_312413705.jpg

full_168311832.jpg

*the part where the G is "broken" up by the top, thats how my sketch was so it wasnt a flaw in the print or anything. it was good work.

I thought it was cool you could do that from a scan I sent in

• Members

yeah, i was going to put the bird over on the right side, but when you sent me it I thought it looked better connected.

So my guitar is nitro finished, if I were to seal this in...how would I go about doing it?

I know in the instructions it tells me, but does any of that change for non poly finishes? does it even matter?

its also not the end of the world if its not sealed

• Members

Hey vidiot, I havent put the Carvin ones on my guitars yet, planning on doing that this week, but they arrived and should work fine. Thanks

Just wondering, about the tshirt/etc designs.. Two things:

A) Would it work to have basically like inlays made in waterslide, then install them on the fretboard and seal over them with lacquer, would that work?

B) For the Tshirt thing, Theres online websites that you just submit the design and they make the tshirts and stuff for you. I always wanted to do it, but the hard part for me was getting an image the proper size (in terms of blowing an image up properly), Is there any special way you do that to not make it super pixel-y? Maybe we could talk about this sometime.

thanks

• Members

Fretboard wouldn't work out to well. For shirts, well the image just has to be really large. I have done two designs for t-shirts but haven't gotten any feedback...HEY TOCS1000! How did that design work out? Also, I am thinking about doing stickers too. If anyone needs some stickers let me know, I can do bumper stickers too but there will be a minimum of 6...I think that's how many I can fit on a page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey vidiot72 can you make a headstock decal for me? I have a couple of images and need your input as to what would be the easiest/best to use. Here's an idea of what I'm going for. I've a;ready extracted the background from the images I want to use. The decal would be layed over a black headstock. Thanks in advance.

Sample.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...