Hand crafted Yamaha GC-30 classical guitar

tincob

• Members

The guitar has been SOLD - July 11, 2007

I have for sale a used hand crafted Yamaha GC30 classical guitar for the nylon pumpers. :thu:

CIMG2121.jpg

This is an all solid wood model (spruce soundboard, Indian rosewood side and back) suited for student, intermediate level. Even if you are a complete beginner, this is a quality guitar that you will not have to upgrade a year from now and not a whole lot more than a decent beginner classical guitar.

CIMG2112.jpg

CIMG2115.jpg

The guitar has a nice balanced tone, very sweet sound. My teacher says that the spruce top is opening up nicely. The guitar is about 10 years old. The action is typical of a high end Japanese classical guitar - i.e. a bit easier to play than a Spanish classical guitar.

The tuners have been upgraded to $80 Schallers and installed by a luthier. New Savarez 520R strings have been installed. It's in extremely good condition and has been maintained very well: humidified during winter months, ebony fretboard conditioned with bore oil, etc.

CIMG2116.jpg

CIMG2118.jpg

This GC30 is in excellent condition and offered at a good price. The newer Yamahas of equivalent level are available at over $1290 dollars on the internet, but why pay more and have to wait while the soundboard loosens up?

I'm located in Stamford, CT so if you're nearby, you're welcomed to come by to play and see for yourself.

The price is $620, plus actual shipping. Make me an offer. If you don't need a hardcase, I can knock $30 off and ship in a chipboard case for protection. Of course, if you're in the area, that would be even better.

I would consider a trade for a Tele or a LP style P90 Goldtop + differences. I don't really need anything else.

Thanks

Archived