'99 Taylor 514 Engelmann full body

fitness1

• Members

sale pending...

I've found it to be the nicest sounding Taylor I've owned and would love to keep it, but I'm too attached to my Webbers and am incurring a LOT of expense this month with having to relocate my business and living quarters. Basically, I'm going to turn this into a large HDTV for my facility. Whomever ends up with this will be a very happy camper.

This is a custom ordered 514 (label says 514-ce) with no cutaway and an Englemann top. Being a mid to late nineties, it has the ab rosette, snowflake inlays, one piece neck and that spectacular tone.

It also has the Pink Poodle case (8.5-9/10) No electronics.

Nut width is 1 3/4 and saddle spacing is 2 3/16.

There are two minor issues with the guitar.....first, the bridge has some grain cracks between the first five pins....not gaping by any means and it hasn't changed over time. I gave the bridge a good dose of Lizard Spit to condition it and it seemed to make it swell up and shut slightly. I really don't believe it's going any further as it stops at the low E and the B string holes.

The only other thing is the epedemic lifting of the pointed edges of the pickguard....very slight, but it's there.

Other than that, it's a 9.25 out of 10....one tiny ding on the upper treble bout side, one even smaller on the lower bass side of the sounboard, and some fine pick scratches on the upper treble bout below the fretboard extension when you turn it into the light just right. Very minor fretwear in the "cowboy chord" region only

I've added a Colosi bone saddle....original will be in the case as well, but it was too low. It will ship polished up, fretboard and bridge freshly cleaned and conditioned, and a fresh set of Daddario EJ16's installed.

1100 and actual shipping with Cashier's check, add 25 for paypal and I'll cover the rest

**PRICE LOWERED TO 1025 and actual shipping (add for paypal if you choose that route)**

Here's a link to a slideshow....

http://img230.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img230/4380/1193688892oc9.smil

email at fitstop@charter.net

5141lg1.jpg

5149hw5.jpg

Shot with DSC-P200 at 2007-10-29

• Members

I just changed strings and when I did, the splits didn't lessen at all with no pressure on the bridge. This tells me it's superficial. I shined my brightest flashlight into the holes and saw no evidence that any of the splits went past about 1/16th of an inch below the surface.

crackszy9.jpg

Archived