1975 Yamaki

mk7169

• Members

yamaki1.jpg

yamaki5.jpg

Vintage 1975 Yamaki Acoustic Guitar

These old Japanese Yamaki's, from the 70's are very good sounding guitars and thus I refused to let this one fade away. They are a very respectful copy of Martin models.

This Yamaki has been gone over and completely reconditioned by TLH Guitars professional luthier!

It has received a new solid sitka spruce top, scalloped bracing, new pick guard, a new truss rod, new tuners and a fret job. It now sounds and plays better than ever!

It has great action and stays in tune perfectly with the new upgraded tuners. Most importantly, the guitar is now perfectly structurally sound (no cracks, no issues) and will serve it's new owner well for a very long time. After the reconditioning, intonation, etc, she now sounds BETTER than any other old Yamaki you will see on eBay. The 7-coats of lacquer finish on the top is not picture perfect, but it is a decent looking guitar and the action is low with no fret buzz anywhere up and down the neck and yes, she plays GREAT!

There is well over $300 invested in reconditioning luthier work, so here is your chance to benefit from my passion for old Yamaki's. I did all the work, you reap the benefits. The main blemishes are color variances and sanding blems on the top. TLH Guitars did all of the work and they are experienced luthiers and can assure you the work was done properly. There are 2 numbers on the label. One is stamped over but I believe it says NO. 110. The other is dating stamp that reads 1175, which leads me to believe it was made in November of 1975. The number 110 is located where you normally find the serial # on other Yamaki's.

The intonation is perfect! Gorgeous harmonics at the 12th, 7th and 5th frets ring out! The spruce top really resonates too! Strung with a set of new Martin strings. I do not have a case, but she will be packed EXTREMELY well.

• Members

Do you happen to know the model number for this? And where are you located?

"There are 2 numbers on the label. One is stamped over but I believe it says NO. 110. The other is dating stamp that reads 1175, which leads me to believe it was made in November of 1975. The number 110 is located where you normally find the serial # on other Yamaki's."

I am in the Philadelphia area.

Archived