1960's Framus 6 string Banjo [Banjitar]

SPONGEBOB

• Members

In very good condition.. New Remo head, super low soft action, straight as an arrow neck, so easy to play. This is a 1960's Contessa labeled banjo that is actually a Framus.. Contessa was NOT a manufacturer, they sold banjos built by Japanese builders and Framus from Germany. Most were Framus builds, the MIJ ones are much more rare, and of much lower quality. The banjo is stamped Made In Germany, so its certainly a Framus. I had a friend with the identical one and his had a Framus label, but they were the excact same banjo.. Do a search on Contessa Banjo and there is plenty of information about these very well made German built instruments.

Super nice workmanship, great condition, NO issues, and comes with an immaculate cond hard case.. This banjo has NO playwear.. NONE!... Any guitarist can play this, as it uses a standard 6 string guitar tuning. Come pick it up for $185, or I'll ship it FEDEX right to your door for $210.. I have no use for this and it just begs to be played. Will consider trades, but really I have more gear than any 5 people could possibly ever use... bob

bullet_bob@lycos.com

• 1 year later...

Archived