Seagull S12+ with LR Baggs electronics -- $150 + shipping

mrlutton

• Members

Made offer of $150 and was turned down and told that it was only being bumped to see what trade offers were out there.

Class act. I told you I had a local deal and would sell the guitar only if you picked it up in person. More than fair--and you did NOT make an offer, you lying {censored}.

• Members
Re: Seagull 12 string

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlutton

I might sell for the $150 locally. I was in a spot where I wanted to sell for some quick cash, but I don't have to. It's a great guitar so I don't mind hangin' onto it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlutton View Post

top--$150 SHIPPED?

Well that's totally your call, but that's a little confusing as I'm responding to a thread that you've bumped 18 times in nearly as many days... the last time just yesterday... and I just offered you exactly what you asked for it.

Thanks,

Chad

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbesy

"Not even for the $150 shipped you had already offered?"

^^^^^

That is not an offer, it's a question, and I answered it: NO I WON'T SHIP IT FOR $150. Read the ad, the guitar is no longer available for shipping!!

Can you believe these people???

• Members

I'll post one last time and that's it. This is the single most bizzare exchange I think I've ever had over something so stupidly simple.

You posted an ad for a guitar on an internet site and then bumped it nearly 18 times in one month. It looked like someone literally desperate to sell a damaged guitar and I thought I could buy it and fix it for a nephew. I wasn't even looking for a guitar. Totally off the cuff decision and if you had responded to my first email by saying that it was no longer for sale as you had a local buyer that would have been it. You didn't do that. Not even close.

I started with an offer that was less than the price that YOU had posted - a price you said included shipping. YOU posted that. Not me.

You wrote back that for that price it wasn't worth it and that you didn't think you were going to ship it. You didn't say that you weren't. You didn't say that you had a local buyer. You just left it hanging there. Totally vague. So I copied the post where you had in black and white offered it for $150 INCLUDING shipping and asked if you weren't shipping even for the $150 price which you had set. I had already offered to purchase it. Of course that was an offer. And if you were confused about it being an offer why did you tell me I could have it at the $150 price if I came to your house and picked it up? And if you had a local deal set up already why were you willing to sell it to me if I came and picked it up?

My last email was perfectly polite. I didn't understand the whole transaction and I still don't, but I even signed it with my name and a thank you and said that it was completely your call. Your response was snippy and that all the bumps were because you were feeling for trades - meaning to me that you weren't interested in selling it at that price ever. You still didn't say to me that you had a local deal. I came back and posted that I had offered the stated amount and was refused as a courtesy to anyone else interested as it didn't seem to me that you were interested in selling at the posted terms - which I would hope posting terms of a sale and then refusing to honor them are against forum rules. You've since changed the first post so it wasn't/isn't needed and I would have deleted after seeing that if not for the immediate lying {censored} attack. The post above telling me to read the ad doesn't make much sense 'cause you changed the ad after I wrote that.....

You need to step back and take a giant breather. Thanks for a delightful morning.

• Members

I don't know what the exchange was, but I attest that at some point asking price was $150 INCLUDING shipping. Of course seller has a right to change his mind, as long as fund are not dispensed yet.

I was actually interested, because it seemed like a good deal, but was hesitant to make an offer since I don't really need 12-string.

:)

• Members

The exchange was: He made an offer for $130, I refused. I told him I was no longer selling; he then asked if I would consider selling for the $150 I originally asked for (not an offer); I said no. He then got pissed and started ranting about how it was wrong to post an ad and change my mind.

End of story. This guy is a drama queen; I have hundreds of deals completed on this website, and he has 15 posts total. Pretty much speaks for itself.

Archived