'97 Breedlove C5 Mahogany/Sitka w/ B-band and OHSC

fitness1

• Members

NO LONGER FOR SALE

This is a very near mint example of a Breedlove Concert in Mahogany and Sitka.

This is from the golden era of Breedloves in my opinion. I also had a C25 in EIR and Englemann that I liked very much.

This one has Rosewood binding on the body and fingerboard, "spoked" abalone rosette, ebony bridge and fingerboard, gold Grover mini tuners and mother of pearl fingerboard inlays. It also has some very nice sounding electronics in it, and I believe it's a B-Band AST/UST. It's quite natural sounding and lots of gain.

If you haven't played one of these C models, don't let it fool you....it has more bass and warmth than any Mahogany guitar I've ever played. It has a body depth of 4 5/8, so even with the 15 1/8 or so lower bout, it really packs a punch. The overall tonal picture of this guitar, believe it or not, is more like some of the Goodall Standards I've owned!!!

There are some very small, shallow impressions on the top that I couldn't photograph. Two marks under the finish on the binding that are pictured....kind of clouded up for some reason, but you can barely feel it when you run your finger over it. Very little fretwear just a tiny bit of "polish" in the lower registers.

The only thing "wrong" with it, is the truss rod cover was cracked when I received it. I've super glued it back together and reinstalled it. The case is easily in 8/10 condition with some very minor marks and tarnish on the latches, as you'd expect from a case that's 13 years old.

Nut width is 1 3/4, saddle spacing (E to E on center) is 2 1/4. Setup is dialed in perfectly, I've cleaned and conditioned the fingerboard, polished the frets and installed a fresh set of GHS Juber signature lights.

I've also just polished out the body with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, and it looks fantastic!

No trade offers please.....this one is righteously priced at 1595 and actual shipping on my Fedex account with Cashier's check to the lower 48 only.

If you want to use paypal, add 35.00 and I'll cover the rest.

PRICE DROP to 1395.00 and actual shipping. I've noticed something minor.... the case is slightly large in the lower bout (normally the C sized models have an additional pad around the bottom) Just wanted to be up front about it!

fitstop@charter.net

the marks on the lower bout in this pic are reflections....

breed009.jpg

breed021.jpg

breed011.jpg

breed012.jpg

breed010.jpg

here are the marks under the binding....

breed017.jpg

breed005.jpg

headvd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived