SPAM: Engl Blackmore / Peavey 5150

feintguitarist

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SeraphSlaughter

havent played the maiden...looks killer though. i bet the mirror pickguard is a bitch to keep clean though
:freak:

i'm not saying fender = suck, just that my strat happens to pwn the one's i've fucked around with.

Yes, the pickguard is tough to keep clean. It rules though.If you're a metal fan, this is the coolest Strat Fender has ever made! :D

• Members

Originally posted by feintguitarist

Go ahead and put it on the bay if you want...I'll probably hold out and just buy a PodXT Live or GT-8 after I get this stuff sold and my truck tag and whatnot.

Thanks though..seems like a good price. I sold my PodXT for almost that with no metal pack.

Alright, good deal. I'll probably put it on ebay for $300 buy it now. If you change your mind, lemmie know. I'll hold my word to ya.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Blackmore GAS is owning me, and so is white Gibson Explorer GAS. Fucking ridiculous.
:mad:

It's quotes like these that make me glad that I don't have a credit card...the fact that there is no possible WAY for me to get these things makes it far easier for me to deal with the fact that I can't have them.

If I had a credit card...I would be far too tempted...:D

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

It's quotes like these that make me glad that I don't have a credit card...the fact that there is no possible WAY for me to get these things makes it far easier for me to deal with the fact that I can't have them.

If I had a credit card...I would be far too tempted...
:D

No doubt...I've made some dumb purchases with my credit cards..and only a few that were necessary...I regret it now..although I've definately enjoyed the Blackmore halfstack...even tho I bought the cab with cash...the head was on credit.

• Members

No doubt...I've made some dumb purchases with my credit cards..and only a few that were necessary...I regret it now..although I've definately enjoyed the Blackmore halfstack...even tho I bought the cab with cash...the head was on credit.

That's why I'm trying to find my tone at a young age (I'm 16)...I don't want be up to my eyes in debt because of GUITAR :p:D

• Members

Yeah...I could afford all the gear no problem had I not went and financed a new truck when I turned 19...that eats up $700/month..plus along with normal bills...I put a lot of {censored} on credit cards that I should have just done without.

-not to mention I don't really make that much $$...especially when I started college last january..(took a 3 year break after highschool)

• Members

Originally posted by SeraphSlaughter

havent played the maiden...looks killer though. i bet the mirror pickguard is a bitch to keep clean though
:freak:

i'm not saying fender = suck, just that my strat happens to pwn the one's i've fucked around with.

Just out of curiosity, what size frets are on the Maiden Strat? I almost bought one years ago but was told they had vintage size (read:small) frets.

• Members

The 5150 is sold....that is if the person on eBay pays.

He has 0 feedback. The first thing on the auction stated to email me ahead of the time if you were wishing to use paypal(because I didn't want to use it due to fees..but was cool if they paid them..)

He didn't do that..just bought it...then emailed saying he wanted to use paypal. So I sent him and email saying why I didn't want to use it and what was up..and added $20 onto the invoice I sent him.

So hopefully this 0 is just new to eBay and will actually pay...instead of just hitting buy it now and never hearing anything from them..like what happened with the PodXT I put on eBay a while back.

• Members

The 5150 is sold....that is if the person on eBay pays.

He has 0 feedback. The first thing on the auction stated to email me ahead of the time if you were wishing to use paypal(because I didn't want to use it due to fees..but was cool if they paid them..)

He didn't do that..just bought it...then emailed saying he wanted to use paypal. So I sent him and email saying why I didn't want to use it and what was up..and added $20 onto the invoice I sent him.

So hopefully this 0 is just new to eBay and will actually pay...instead of just hitting buy it now and never hearing anything from them..like what happened with the PodXT I put on eBay a while back.

I have the same thing listed in my auctions, and those morons never email me first. Half the time, they end up not even responding to any emails. {censored}ing pathetic.

• Members

Yeah I hate that {censored}.

I hate selling on eBay period really..just because of getting raped on final value fee.

I just hope this guy pays...I've been riding on an expired tag since June...not to mention Monday will be the 3rd month of not paying my cell..I'm surprised it's still on.

I'm just glad I'm getting more hours in at work now..get caught up..and eventually have all my debt paid off (probably have to use my income tax to finish that off).

• Members

Yeah I hate that shit.

I hate selling on eBay period really..just because of getting raped on final value fee.

I just hope this guy pays...I've been riding on an expired tag since June...not to mention Monday will be the 3rd month of not paying my cell..I'm surprised it's still on.

I'm just glad I'm getting more hours in at work now..get caught up..and eventually have all my debt paid off (probably have to use my income tax to finish that off).

:(

I just sold about 10 things on Ebay in the past week, and I got all the money, except for one thing. Some guy bid on an Iron Maiden Eddie figure, and he hasn't paid yet. 0 feedback. :rolleyes:

• Members

Man, I've been thinking on your cab since you originally posted! I need it like a hole in the head but still. I'm waiting to see if a 2x12 deal goes through...if not, and if the cab stays available, I might hit you up.

What's the construction like on these 5150 cabs?

• Members

Not sure really..I've only owned the cab for a few weeks and it hasn't seen much use.

I bought the 5150 and cab in hopes that I would like it..and it hold me over until I could afford another Blackmore. I was going to just sell the Blackmore at the time, but decided to sell it all.

• Members

Not sure really..I've only owned the cab for a few weeks and it hasn't seen much use.

I bought the 5150 and cab in hopes that I would like it..and it hold me over until I could afford another Blackmore. I was going to just sell the Blackmore at the time, but decided to sell it all.

Hmmm. I assume you tried the cab with your 5150 head? What didn't you like about it?

• Members

It's not the cab so much as the 5150 just isn't my thing...

I played the 5150 through both cabs and didn't like it with either one. It does seem to sound better, to me, through the Vintage 30's in the Engl cab.

Yeah, I seem to like the 5150 best through V30s. I have a Fender Tonemaster cab that I use a lot with the 5150. Well, I'll let you know as soon as I can. Good luck with the sale!

• Members

Mega..I must say...turning around from here and seeing a full stack of Engl Blackmore and 5150 is nice.

I stacked the cabs and amps up yesterday to free up some space..

Yeah, I remember when I had my 5150/Uberkab and 5150II/1960AV setup in my room. :evil:

I had no need for two half stacks though, one is more than enough.

Archived