Tatoo Flash 50 Boutique PTP Amplifier

stringy

• Members

Tatoo Flash 50 Amplifier Head

Header1.jpg

50 watts, 2 EL34s, 3 12AX7s, Drake OT, handmade, PTP, plexiglass rear panel, etc. Treble, bass, mids, presence, resonance, slope, negative feedback loop on/off push-pull, gain, and volume controls.

No effects loop, no direct out, single channel. This is just strait ahead tone.

Tone is somewhat Marshally, but with the addition of the slope control you can get a very nice low mid Rectifiery growl. Much more bass and balls than your standard JCM800, much more gain.

Without a boost the amp will do good rock tones and very good broken up cleans...add a Tubescreamer or SD-1 and slam the preamp for metal territory. Check the Myspace link in my sig for the Flash's heavy side.

Guts1.jpg

Chassis1.jpg

Cosmetically the amp is 9.7/10. There is only a very minor ding in the tolex on one of the corners. I didn't even notice it till I inspected the amp closely right before I decided to sell it. The amp was just recently retubed by the amp maker himself with JJ E34Ls. A day after the amp arrived to me the impedence switched went goofy, but that problem was addressed when I sent it in to get retubed and the amp builder gave the amp a clean bill of health.

Since it was retubed the amp has sat in my recording space on top of my cab and has NOT moved. The tolex is still a beautiful dark black.

This is probably the loudest 50 watt amp I've ever played, and it only gets better when that poweramp breaks up.

$725 plus $40 for shipping to CONUS. I have more pics available, PM me with requests.

Thanks,

John

Archived