67/68 Fender Deluxe Reverb w/ Altec 417

hottub

• Members

'68 Deluxe Reverb w/ original transformers that date to late '67, original reverb driver, AB763 circuit. Currently has an Altec 417-8H driver. The amp has the '68 drip edge grille but has a "blackface" faceplate. Fully functional and sounds excellent. Recently retubed with JJ 6V6's and reissue Tung-Sol 12AX7. Tremolo works fine but does make a very faint ticking sound when engaged. Not a big deal when I bought it as I don't really use the tremolo much. I do not have the footswitch. The amp has had a cap job and runs very quietly. The great thing is that the original blue tone caps on the board remain untouched! The tone is there with this one. The amp also has a 3-prong cord installed. The tolex is in good shape. Some wear is evident on the bottom around the corners in the back. pics available upon request. If interested I can sell the amp without the speaker and reduce the asking price by $100. I'm only parting with this amp because I recently purchased a '66 Super Reverb that is satisfying my blackface tones at the moment.

$1100 shipped.

Archived