Crate Vintage Club 20: 15 watt all tube EL84 1x10 combo: $180 shipped

thriftyshirt

• Members

All tube, 2xEL84, 1x10 combo. Creme Tolex/Brownish Sparkle grillcloth.

These were made in the USA, and NOT the same quality as entry level beginner's MIC Crate practice amps.

It is about 10 years old, so its not in "immaculate" condition. Its a little dirty (I'll clean it the best I can), and has a couple smudges and dings here and there on the tolex. The "Crate" logo has been taken off the front of it, and lost (it looks better that way anyway, the logo was a cheap thin little piece of metal that looked out of place on the amp.) Also, the little rubber feet are kind of chewed up from age. It still stands on them fine, and they're on the bottom of the amp, so no one ever sees them anyway. I tried to get pictures of all of these things.

The good news is that all the above stuff is just minor cosmetics. The amp works great and sounds killer. Kind of like a baby JCM800. I've been using it as a practice amp for the last couple years, and I've taken it out of the house a few times as a portable small combo to gig with.

Its also got a headphone out, which doesn't sound as good as the amp hitting the speaker, but is great for silent practice.

If anyone wants I'll take pics of any part of it you want, if I've got time, I may even record a short lil' clip and post it here.

The only other issue is that I only take USPS Money Orders( EDIT: I now take Paypal as well ). I have 12-15 solid forum references of trades, sales, and purchases I've done on HC. I've been here since 2001, and I've never had any complaints or issues with anybody I've bought and sold from. If you want I'll even give you my phone number so we can talk in person. Just PM me.

As for trades the only things I'm looking for are: A digitech whammy pedal, a good 10 band EQ (Kerry King MXR preferred), and an MI Audio Crunchbox. However, feel free to let me know what you've got, I'm always interested in neat stuff. If you want to do a trade, I expect at least a few forum references. If you've got cash, I don't care who you are though. :thu:

I ship fast and pack well, I use FedEx ground.

Pics:

VC20Cropped.jpg

vc20top.jpg

grillcloth.jpg

vc20feet.jpg

vc20back1.jpg

CLIPS!!!:

Clean

Gain on Half

Gain on Full

All clips start out with just the amp, then about halfway through I hit it with a Bad Monkey set to boost (level all the way up, gain all the way down, treble and bass at 12). Guitar was a Parts-O-Caster with a no name humbucker in the bridge, all clips played on the bridge. There's a little hum in the clips, but hopefully you can get an idea of what the amp sounds like.

:thu:

I now have paypal!!!

• Members

This amp rocks d00ds, I have a VC50 that i had side by side with a bogner shiva and it holds its own big time(i cant wait to see the anger that flows from your keyboards bogner ownerhttp://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icons/icon12.gifs. These amps are a seriously well kept secret and are worthy of a thousand dollar price tag. Consider them a steal!

• Members

Originally posted by XspiderfingersX

This amp rocks d00ds, I have a VC50 that i had side by side with a bogner shiva and it holds its own big time(i cant wait to see the anger that flows from your keyboards bogner ownerhttp://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icons/icon12.gifs. These amps are a seriously well kept secret and are worthy of a thousand dollar price tag. Consider them a steal!

I actually have a VC50H running through a Mesa 2x12 that stays at my brother's house for jams and stuff. It is a killer amp.

The one I've got up in this thread is the 15 watt little brother combo though, :thu: Its a fantastic lil' amp for practice, grab and go jams, and for just having something handy with a small footprint.

:wave:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

For what it's worth, if I had the money I would buy this immediately. I can't believe someone isn't jumping on it, it's a lot of amp for the money.

Well, the fact that he doesn't take Paypal REALLY hurts. Heck, if he were to take Paypal, I'd probably buy it.

The clips also hurt as they suck pretty badly, especially the clean clip, which is clearly the amp overdriven.

• Members

Well, the fact that he doesn't take Paypal REALLY hurts. Heck, if he were to take Paypal, I'd probably buy it.

The clips also hurt as they suck pretty badly, especially the clean clip, which is clearly the amp overdriven.

LOL.

If it helps, I'm setting up a new Paypal very soon. I got burned by a guy doing a "chargeback" on me after I had mailed his item out, and after that, just stopped using Paypal. But since EVERYBODY is reliant on that, I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get one going again. I'll make an update when I do.

As for the clips, I pretty much said they weren't great, the idea was to give some idea of what the thing sounds like, not make a top 40 record. Sorry they aren't up to your standards. :D

As for the clean clip: you're right...it is overdriving, that's what the clean does on this amp when its turned up. I probably should have mentioned that I recorded it VERY loud, loud enough to play with drums. I was trying to show the WAY the clean breaks up when it gets loud. If you really want a "cleaner" clip, I'll record one at lower volume that shows a cleaner clean. Also, in the second half of that clip, the amp IS hit with a BM boost to overdrive it, I assume you knew that.

If anybody really wants a completely clean clip, I'll do one. Also, if anyone who is seriously interested wants me to try to record better clips of this thing, I can give it a shot. I've got a real pieced together recording setup, and it just isn't going to crank out the quality of stuff that most people are able to record.

Sorry.

:D

• Members

LOL.

If it helps, I'm setting up a new Paypal very soon. I got burned by a guy doing a "chargeback" on me after I had mailed his item out, and after that, just stopped using Paypal. But since EVERYBODY is reliant on that, I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get one going again. I'll make an update when I do.

As for the clips, I pretty much said they weren't great, the idea was to give some idea of what the thing sounds like, not make a top 40 record. Sorry they aren't up to your standards.

As for the clean clip: you're right...it is overdriving, that's what the clean does on this amp when its turned up. I probably should have mentioned that I recorded it VERY loud, loud enough to play with drums. I was trying to show the WAY the clean breaks up when it gets loud. If you really want a "cleaner" clip, I'll record one at lower volume that shows a cleaner clean. Also, in the second half of that clip, the amp IS hit with a BM boost to overdrive it, I assume you knew that.

If anybody really wants a completely clean clip, I'll do one. Also, if anyone who is seriously interested wants me to try to record better clips of this thing, I can give it a shot. I've got a real pieced together recording setup, and it just isn't going to crank out the quality of stuff that most people are able to record.

Sorry.

Well, it really has nothing to do with it sounding like a profesional top 40 recording; it just doesn't showcase the tone of the amp very well. At least I hope it doesn't, as the tone in the clips sound pretty bad. They sound really muddy and distant.

But definately get a clip of the amp totally clean.

• Members

Well, it really has nothing to do with it sounding like a profesional top 40 recording; it just doesn't showcase the tone of the amp very well. At least I hope it doesn't, as the tone in the clips sound pretty bad. They sound really muddy and distant.

But definately get a clip of the amp totally clean.

I can appreciate that. I'm really new to recording stuff at home on my own. I'll try to get better clips up if I can do anything better. I'll include a real clean as well.

:thu:

Archived