Green Bay at Detroit

St. Louis at San Francisco

Indianapolis at Baltimore

Monday, September 12th

Philadelphia at Atlanta

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I'm in. Going with the regional favorite: Buffalo.

They're at home vs. Houston though Buffalo is starting rookie QB JP Losman. If he keeps things simple, gives Willis McGahee a ton of carries, and the strong Buffalo defense does it's job, then I'll look like a genius.

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Magpel

Geoff, I'm sure we can still change right up until kickoff, Thursday. In this court of Internet law, the post time constitutes irrefutable evidence

Correct.

dB

Then the Vikings it is for me in week one!

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Just came home from the Detroit @ Buffalo preseason game. Let's say that my pick is subject to change.:rolleyes:

I know what you're thinking...why would anyone see a preseason game? Some of our office's tickets weren't going to be used so I took my 3 daughters to their first pro football game. They got a little spoiled for their first time. The tickets are in the Goal Line Club, a large enclosed seating section with a private entrance, food and beverage service to your seat, and preferred parking. Sort of a luxury suite for several hundred people. When we left late in the 4th quarter, they all said "Dad, that was great...when can we do that again?"

• Members

I was leaning towards Carolina. I think they're healthy, rejuvenated and ready to contend. But my heart is with the Saints and FWIW, any sort of victory NO can muster is something to somebody. And that somebody has seen too much {censored} for me to side against.

Football has always separated the grim from the game. I saw Joe Horn on CNN spending his off time helping, reaching out, and doing his thing, whatever he could to support the Hurricane victims. The NFL always seems to reach out.

That said, I'll take Minnesota.

• Members

No obvious choices here...

I'll go with the Rams, the line is only 5.5, but the games with bigger lines have bigger upset potential too... I wouldn't touch the Miami game with a 10' pole...

Here are my full week winner picks:

New England

Minnesota

Denver (barely)

Pittsburgh (barely)

Da Bears in an upset

Carolina (they should CRUSH them, but dem Saints got a lot of heart, so who knows..)

Jax

Houston (upset)

Browns

KC

Detroit

San Diego

Rams

Arizona (upstarts of the year pick)

Indy

Philly

• Members

Dave:

I'm going to take Denver over Miami for my week one pick. I watched Denver's last preseason game, and they looked like a football team. That said, I'll go with Denver not because they look so good, but I think Miami is that bad. Ricky Williams is on IR if I read that right.

If I get eliminated the first week this year, I'll be extremely upset. :(

Mike T.

• Members

Week One:

Da Weasel takes the Denver Broncos.

I don't feel good about this as I should, but this is a hell week. If I was a professional gambler, I'd have an ulcer trying to make heads or tails of week one.

For {censored}s & Giggles, my entire week's picks:

Oakland at New England

As much as I'd love Da Raidahs to come into Foxboro and kick ass, I can't bet against the Pats. I've learned my lesson too many times.

Chicago at Washington

Who the hell knows? This rookie QB on Da Bears could pull a Roethlisberger, but I guess I'll take the Skins by a nostril hair.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Does anyone outside of Ohio give a crap about this game? I'll take the Bungles.

Denver at Miami

Well, hell. You want to say Denver, right? I guess you have to. Denver.

Houston at Buffalo

Bills at home, I suppose.

New Orleans at Carolina

Though Carolina should crush the Saints, under the circumstances, who knows? Saints might have a lot of heart in this one. But Carolina, I guess.

N.Y. Jets at Kansas City

Now this should be a decent game. I'll take KC, but I'm hoping for the Jets.

Seattle at Jacksonville

I think Seattle is pretty clearly taking this.

Tampa Bay at Minnesota

Tampa Schmampa. Minnesota's home game for the taking.

Tennessee at Pittsburgh

I've still got last year's bad taste of the Titans going, so I say Big Ben revs it up again early this year. Steelers win handily.

Arizona at N.Y. Giants

Can you ever really put money down on the Cardinals, ever, any game, no matter what? No, no you can't. Giants have this.

Dallas at San Diego

Could be a decent game, though I see LT lighting up against the Cowgirls. I'll take the Chargers.

Green Bay at Detroit

Yikes. Detroit keeps threatening to get better, and with their receiving corps, this could be the year. That having been said, I'll take the Packers.

St. Louis at San Francisco

Well, what can you say about the Niners? Nothing really. Rams will win this.

Indianapolis at Baltimore

I hate picking away teams so much in week one, but Payton's probably going to do fine. I'll take the Colts.

Philadelphia at Atlanta

First MNF game of the year, and it might be cool. McNabb versus Vick, yada-yada-yada. I am trepidatiously taking the Eagles here.

Good luck, all.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by wineandkeyz

My pick for this week is St. Louis over San Francisco...

(Really going out on a limb, aren't I?)

Hey man - it's a survival pool. You're making the pick that you think best allows you to survive.

Frankly, I'm with ya... ;)

List moved to current page:

Week One

dB - St. Louis

MikeT156 - Denver

Rabid - Minnesota

Steadyb - St. Louis

Geoff Grace - Minnesota

Magpel - Washington

RockXtreme - Minnesota

Jeff Da Weasel - Denver

Red Winger - Minnesota

Counterpoint - Pittsburgh

Sir Garrote - St. Louis

Antematter - Minnesota

wineandkeyz - St. Louis

MarkZ - Buffalo

Postman - St. Louis

Llarion - St. Louis

Johnny Storm - St. Louis

Daklander - San Diego

Still Learning - New England

Note: This list will be edited as other picks are posted.

dB

• Members

Originally posted by Miket156:

By the looks of the picks, you guys better start praying the RAMS win this week. Otherwise, its going to be a short list of players left in the pool.
:)

We had the same conversation when half of the pack picked Miami over Houston a couple of years ago; and yes, half of us were eliminated by that upset.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Originally posted by Miket156

By the looks of the picks, you guys better start praying the RAMS win this week. Otherwise, its going to be a short list of players left in the pool.
:)

Man - you had to go and say that, didn't you?

Now I'm probably gonna change my pick and get eliminated while all the folks who took the Lambs'll end up still in the pool... :rolleyes:

I hate you, Mike. ;)

dB

• Members

Quote by db:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man - you had to go and say that, didn't you?

Now I'm probably gonna change my pick and get eliminated while all the folks who took the Lambs'll end up still in the pool...

I hate you, Mike. :)

dB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem Dave. I never won any popularity contests anyway. I was voted "least popular" boy in high school; and at graduation, they asked me not to attend the ceremony. They'd just mail me my diploma. :rolleyes:

If the Rams can't beat the 49er's, they might as well stay home and watch the rest of the games on the tube this season. My Denver over Miami is no lock either. Maybe they'll get intercepted or fumble four or five times and give the game to Miami. We never know which way the players are betting. :)

Mike T.

Archived