Engl Steve Morse El34 100 watt head...

simbasa

• Members

1850 + shipping. As new. trades considered: Engl Invader 100. VHT Sig X. Bogner....

IMO this is NOT a metal amp like Invader, SE, Powerball,or Savage can do. Great crunch channel for AC/DC tones and the lead channel is smooth and alot of midrange tones from scooped to full on maxed out juicy mids. I think metalheads would be disappointed but it excels at rock/ hard rock.

DCP_0232-2.jpg[/img]

These are the heaviest tones I could get with a Yngwie strat

Channel 3 on 'low gain' mode (it actually sounds smoother on high gain mode on channel 3) with low mid 2 on and high mid 1 on. Basically, a middle of the spectrum midrange tone. It goes lower and it goes higher on mids- which is a really cool feature and way more tone shaping than most amps.

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/simbasa11/?action=view&current=thiswaytoYngwie2008_08_05_17_51_48.flv

• Members

Kudos for being upfront about the amps potential in the tone department.

Yes, it is a great amp, but for certain styles. I'm sure if someone seeks these tones, they will not be dissapointed at all with this ENGL.

Good price too - best on a sale!

• Members

Well that's why your not getting metal tones your using a strat. If you pushing using any high output hum bucker's it would give some more juice.

No, I have played it with humbuckers. It's not a metal voiced amp quite like the other Engls I mentioned. Morse had it designed to his specs. He doesn't play metal.....