NIN pretty hate machine equipment?

TrashFace

• Members

Originally posted by TrashFace

how much is an emax?

is there any other sampling keyboards that are fairly cheap. I want to mess with some hardware. Right now I use software samplers and they are great. but Im looking for hardware!

Problem is you won't get alot of those NIN sounds without an RS242 interface an old Mac SE30 and a copy of TurboSynth.

May I suggest to you the following donation/freeware synth.

KarmaFX Modular - KarmaFX Synth Version 0.90 BETA

Advanced Simulated Analog Modular Synthesizer: Modular patching of synth components and controls.

Internal high-frequency digital simulation of analogue voltage levels.

Oscillator with phase, Detune and Pulsewidth that generates standard synth waveforms.

Dual Oscillator with Detune, Hardsync and Ring modulation.

Sampler, 16 bit Mono/Stereo sample player that imports .Wav files.

2/4 Pole Multimode Filters with Cutoff, Resonance (LP, HP, BP and BS filtertypes),

State Variable, Zolzer, Moog, 10 band EQ, Formant, Comb, Allpass and Shelving Filters.

Amplifier with Panning, Volume and Velocity control.

Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Chorus, and Distortion Effects.

Soft-knee Compressor with Peak/RMS detection and optional Sidechain.

10 Octave/12 Note Pitch control with Detune and Portamento.

Controllers for frequency modulation (FM) and fast frequency sweeps.

Bipolar/Unipolar LFO, HFO, ADSR/Multipoint Envelopes and Stepsequencer.

Output component with Panning, DC removal, Volume and Clip control.

Noise generator, filtered Pink, White and Brown noise with freq. sync control.

Input generator so synth can function as an insert effect.

Full stereo support (selected components can run in mono to save CPU cycles).

Instant visual feedback on all controls. Frequency, Time/Amplitude, Modulation, etc.

Up to 32 assignable automation controls.

2 banks of 128 pre-made patches.

Choose between Mono, Legato, or up to 16-voice true Polyphony.

It has a very good sampler module.

It allows you to do FM based sample modulations also ;).

Has step sequncers , plenty of EG's plus some very funky multistage envelopes.

It can modulate sample start and end points , pitch and sample frequency in realtime. With envelopes , lfo's , fm , step sequencers etc as designated modulators

It has a good collection of filters including comb , formant , lp , hp , bp , moog etc .....

This would allow you to patch up modular based sample patches akin to those found in TurboSynth to some extent.

Exceptionally flexible , great for experimenting with lots of different .wav files and makes for a killer digital (analog emu) modular environment.

Just downlaod the full Karma FX plugin Pack which includes a Filter , Delay and Reverb vst effects bundle.

Oh yes and KarmaFX Modular also has a realtime Audio input module so you can use it as a Modular effects device also :D:thu: :thu: :thu: .

No restrictions on the d'load without donation also but this is one cool synth and the dev desrvges atleast a modest donation for further development of the product.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of those Prophet VS waves are in the DSI Evolver, so that would probably be the best way to get those sounds. The mono Evolver would be perfect for those metallic bass sounds.

I remember that PHM was recorded at Unique Recording in NYC, which was known at the time for having every synth under the sun. So he had access to tons of synths he didn't have to own.

• Members

Is this Waveshaper Reaktor program available off their site? I have Reaktor Sessions, which is fine by me, I don' t have the time required for the wonderful Reaktor. I hear good things about Izotope Trash as well, is this one still available? Been looking for a good Turbosynth type app, without having to dig up an old Mac.

• Members

Did nobody mention the TR606?

Hey what software is out there for the SE? I have one.. and i'd like to (evntually, as in one of my "mid life crisis, rebuilding a car in the garage things" get an old school synth, sampler, 4 track and my old ass Se running a sequencer..

Archived