What synths does Yanni use?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Originally posted by jchas

I lived and played here during those years too - unfortunately I have little to no memory of those years at all - Oh to be young again.

What band were you in?

*hijacks thread*

• Members

He, (Yawny) must make alot of money but

from what I've heard of his music I can't find any that I can remember or want to after he played it. He's quite a showman

but so's a circus clown. Where's the Keith Emersons and Tony Banks on the Boob

tube, them and so many others have the real talent and all we see are him and

Connie Sellecca's Husband John Tesh -" Arg!

• Members

You indian?

Yup. Half Indian, half Irish. Got the MC-307 set to bagpipes and the "sounds of India" collection for my ASR-10. People often think I am part of the Greek Surprise, though, (or the persian conspiracy) which is why I feel an eternal link with Brother Yanni.

There's nothing wrong with saying "Greek surprise, " Fear-My-Potato. It applies to categories other than just the moofy.

For example:

I was at a Greek restaurant and ordered Turkish coffee. The livid waiter helped me to a serving of Greek Surprise.

Just when the Athenian anarchists thought they gots a friend in Socrates, Plato hits em up with Republic. It was a Greek Surprise.

and so forth.

Oh yeah...gotta keep this on topic...uhh...Indians invented the wheel, and then told the babylonians about it, who blablablabla pulleys, blablablabla Greek Surprise, blablablabla calculus, blablbala physics, blablabla Cornell, blablabla Moog, and then you had the synthesizer as we know it today. A really amazing piece, if I do say so myself.

I'm currently trying to work out the Oscillator Surprise. (when analog circuitry gets cold and I can't play "Jump" anymore...drat...my favorite synth riff, too...)

-m

• Members

Fear-my-pertater-

It was actually an East Indian conspiracy all along. We had Europe fooled into thinking yous was us...then they did the dirty work...then they realized they had the wrong guys...then they went to the actual India and taught us English...now we're invading the New World with our IT schooners and Silicon Valley Magellans. What people are you anyway, Potato? albany...hmm...Oneida? Had a friend from NY who was part Seneca, and always felt funny about signing papers...:idea:

I haven't seen any mention of Carl Palmer playing with Yanni, but I've definitely heard talk that he is a Yanni-type of drummer. But what in gods' names is that supposed to mean?

-m

• Members

Originally posted by paostby

What band were you in?

HotAsh (late 70's - mid 80's)

Voyager (Mid - late 80's)

Mostly progressive/art rock. How about you?

* Back on Track*

Saw Chameleon a couple times. Mostly remember the revolving drum stage. Always wondered what it would be like to play drums (or my Hammond M3) upside down. Where would you set your beer? :D

• Members

Originally posted by jchas

Hell, i'd play pop music if it meant I could look like Yanni and have the women wagging their stuff at me like they do to him.

By the way Billy - the CD's in the mail - should be there soon.

Merry Christmas, jchas

LOL!

Got the CD, its really cool, but I had to give the cover photo to my wife...

Great mix of well played tunes! Very versatile singing voice! This is the type of project I have always wanted to do if I ever get the time...

• Members

Originally posted by Malik

Fear-my-pertater-

It was actually an East Indian conspiracy all along. We had Europe fooled into thinking yous was us...then they did the dirty work...then they realized they had the wrong guys...then they went to the actual India and taught us English...now we're invading the New World with our IT schooners and Silicon Valley Magellans. What people are you anyway, Potato? albany...hmm...Oneida? Had a friend from NY who was part Seneca, and always felt funny about signing papers...
:idea:

I haven't seen any mention of Carl Palmer playing with Yanni, but I've definitely heard talk that he is a Yanni-type of drummer. But what in gods' names is that supposed to mean?

-m

Haha we had a conspiracy but it fell apart. {censored}ing beads.

I'm Mohawk, so I'm still technically living on the land of my ancestors. Weird stuff happens to me when I'm in the woods around here and from the rumors around the village it happens to Mohawks (there are battle sites all over the hills around). So while I haven't been economically disadvantaged by my Mohawk background, it's definately had an impact on my life :)

• 4 years later...
  • Members

For what it's worth, here's what I know about Yanni's rig from the concert's I've attended and videos I've seen.

Acropolis Tour:

Korg M1, Yamaha DX7 (classic), Korg SG-1D, E-mu Systems' Emulator III, Sequential Circuits' Prophet VS, and an unknown keyboard (perhaps an Ensoniq).

Tribute Tour:

2 Korg Trinity Pros, 1 Korg Trinity Pro-X, 3 Korg 01/W Pros.

Voices Tour:

5 Korg Triton Pros, 1 unknown keyboard.

• Members

Holy resurrection of threads batman!

Once my wife asked me to make some compilation CDs from her collection for her. I made the CDs and then wrote names on them so she can remember what is what. They were called "Yawn-ee" and "En-yawn". She was not amused :D

• Members

Yanni man I think he is like Andre Rieu has his own orchestra never mind a keyboard doesn't need it when you got the violinist in your hand plus the rest of the orchestra too plus great soloists!

Andre who will be the next question, Andre who??! He is unbelievable for my violin I'm gettin the S90XS Yami Yani!