Malik

What synths does Yanni use?

Any ideas? I was listening to his Acropolis album the other day while I was moofing the lady, and began to wonder what exactly he uses. The rear of the album says only, "Keyboards. " Hmm...sounds like a lot of reverb.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by asynchro_nous

I moofed the lady to a whole iPod's worth of Yanni and all i got was this lousy T-shirt......

:(

Better than craps!!!

:thu:

Yanni may look like a joke and be full of himself (and I agree that pitchbending piano is lame), but that doesn't change that he's a good keyboard player and an even better composer. His songs are very well composed no matter if you like the genre or not, and I think he deserves some credit for that. Regarding gear, I only know he uses some Korg keyboards...

For what it's worth - I would venture to say Yanni could out-play most if not all posters on this thread. I'm not a fan mind you. But when he played for the local rock group Chameleon in the late 70's he and his band were some of the elite players around. And though his current dreamcapes/textures/ style doesn't do much for me - it can get an entire arena of women to orgasm simultaneously - I wish I could do that...

Originally posted by Crawling Wind

Some guys will do anything to prolong the moof.
:eek:

Sorta like thinking about baseball! "Hmmm, I wonder what keyboards Yanni is using these days"

I saw his show a couple years ago in Nashville I counted about 10 Tritons between him and 2 other keyboard players. 1 keyboard I did not know what it was.

Joke or not we enjoyed the show. Plenty of eye candy in the audience.:D

Originally posted by jchas

For what it's worth - I would venture to say Yanni could out-play most if not all posters on this thread. I'm not a fan mind you. But when he played for the local rock group Chameleon in the late 70's he and his band were some of the elite players around. And though his current dreamcapes/textures/ style doesn't do much for me - it can get an entire arena of women to orgasm simultaneously - I wish I could do that...

Somebody has Yanni-envy....~~ :wave:

Personally, I go for the John Tesh type. :p

For what it's worth - I would venture to say Yanni could out-play most if not all posters on this thread.

Yeah, but more importantly, could he out-moof us?

We may never know for sure.........

:(

Originally posted by BillyWa

Somebody has Yanni-envy....~~
:wave:

Hell, i'd play pop music if it meant I could look like Yanni and have the women wagging their stuff at me like they do to him.

By the way Billy - the CD's in the mail - should be there soon.

Merry Christmas, jchas

But when he played for the local rock group Chameleon in the late 70's he and his band were some of the elite players around.

I had heard of the Chameleon connection, too. I lived and played the circuit in Minneapolis at the time. My memory was that the keyboard player sat and had dark hair. Same group?

The band that inspired Herbie Hancock? ;>

Yup...I got the Yawner's CD back in high school 8 years ago. I went to an all-boy's school and didn't know much...hell, I thought Ace of Base was industrial because of the video for that "love so true" song. Still, I knew enough to keep the Greek surprise on the quiet track around my much-hipper girlfriend.

The music is definitely for rich yuppies, and that tiny piece of a rich yuppy in me appreciates it only during the most blue collar of times- like moofing the gf after work.

I have kept hair somewhat akin to the Yaya's...only mine is really black. The ladies definitely prefer it longer...makes 'em jealous. I tell them I don't use any "product." That gets'em in the moofer. Yanni can have his wind-blown moonlit nights...poser.

The Greeks perfected it, but the Indians- we invented it.

-M:D

Originally posted by paostby

I had heard of the Chameleon connection, too. I lived and played the circuit in Minneapolis at the time. My memory was that the keyboard player sat and had dark hair. Same group?

I lived and played here during those years too - unfortunately I have little to no memory of those years at all - Oh to be young again.