Hammond M2, old, How much is it worth?

pokymoonshine

• Members

I bought an M3 in decent shape last year for $175 (ebay). It sounds great, looks great in my living room.

Is it worth going to the trouble to refinish one? I would do it. It's an instrument that will serve you well for decades, why not make it look good. Will it ever be worth a lot? maybe not....who cares, you own a real Hammond.:D

• Members

Originally posted by pokymoonshine

I just aquired an old, 50's hammond M2 in perfect working order. I'm thinking of refininshing it. Anyone know if it's worth anything?

If you do it yourself it will be cheaper. Refinish jobs often cost more than the organ is worth. Unless it is an M-3, spinets do not command high prices. In fact the bottom is falling out of the Hammond organ thing even old consoles. Except B style cabinets which seem tobe worth more. I would say $100-$200 tops for an M-2. Good luck with it!:thu:

• Members

I got my last two Hammond spinets for free( a M3 & a beat M2). Honestly your M2 is worth nothing or whatever someone would offer for it. M3's have the Hammond percussion and are popular as a B3/C3/A100 haulable alternative. If you like it, keep it and have fun.

• Members

Originally posted by pokymoonshine

I just aquired an old, 50's hammond M2 in perfect working order. I'm thinking of refininshing it. Anyone know if it's worth anything?

I will buy it from you possibly, refinished or no...when do you think you might be getting rid of it? I really want a hammond spinet but can't go half way across the country to get one, but you're in NY so who knows.

Archived