Counter Melody

Walters9515

• Members

This is my first interaction with the gent -- at first I thought is was a pretty honest straightforward question.

but I will say, as the thread progressed there does appear to be a bit of a strange undercurrent in the motive.
There seems to be an unwillingness to *really* attempt to understand (or at least to but the time in to attempt to understand) the answer or even the nature of the question itself

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Auggie Doggie

:D

I'm much more partial to post subject candystriping.
:p

I had a teacher who for his Analytic Techniques class tests would include multiple choice questions where he would ask "Which of the following can be found in the development section of Bach's Fugue No. 8?" He would include some pretty authentic sounding fake terms, such as post subject counterstriping, to throw off his students. He was such a bastard. :mad::p

• Members
Originally posted by Poparad

I had a teacher who for his Analytic Techniques class tests would include multiple choice questions where he would ask "Which of the following can be found in the development section of Bach's Fugue No. 8?" He would include some pretty authentic sounding fake terms, such as post subject counterstriping, to throw off his students. He was such a bastard.
:mad::p

:D:D:D

I almost peed myself when I saw 'counterstriping' in your post. There may be many authentic-sounding terms out there...that isn't one of them. :p

• Members

Originally posted by Auggie Doggie

He seems to get around:

Hah!

http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2270#post2270

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/search.php?searchid=137958

http://forum.emusictheory.com/search.php?5,search=walters,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=30,match_forum=ALL,body=1,author=1,subject=1

Checking other forums, he seems to have the same problem as he does here.

Walters, do you see that other completely unrelated people get the same feelings from your posts? If you improved your communication skills, you'd be so much better off without alienating every single music forum on the internet.

• Members

I posted this one over in Phil's forum so it may not stay on the thread. Walters went over there whining about this thread...

Once again, You are lying. I have definitely NOT been in every one of your 87 threads scattered across these forums (yeah, I actually did a search and counted them all), and I've only been in 9 of those. And we're not even talking about all the other boards you've been on that we mutually subscribe to.

Most recently in the "Lesson loft" where you asked a question and I gave you an answer. Actually multiple HELPFUL answers. Nothing rude, or mean, just common sense answers that you have been given time and time again. Whether or not you don't "Like" what people have to say is irrelevant at this point. I was extremely polite. Period. Professional Recording Engineers have stepped up to the plate to help you out and STILL you resort to unnecessary name-calling etc...

YOU were the one that resorted to blowing a gasket and directly calling me names. Not the other way around. YOU resorted to name-calling, bashing, and questioning people's sexuality.

I've never done this to you aside from calling you "annoying". Do I need to cut and paste what you've been writing to prove my point here?

If you dont like what I have to say, well guess what, skippy? TOUGH. You have an IGNORE button just like the rest of us. I highly suggest you use it. (repeated for the 8th time in a week). I will NOT skip over your threads just because you dont want me in them. Especially if I'm learning something too. Your threads are not your "property" so to speak, and you HAVE posted in other people's threads. So cut the crap and the "Mr Innocent new to recording" fluff.

When I get private messages from OTHER forumites asking me what your problem is and WHY you simply do not want to listen, then I am going to answer with what I know. Believe me when I say that I am much nicer with my outright posting then what I say in private.
I can't speak for Chao, or Kiwi, or anyone else. They are the Captains of their own destinies. As for me, if I feel the need to respond to something or even to inject a bit of humor into threads, then I am going to do it.

Ask your questions and quite bitching every time someone here suggests GOOGLE, or Wikipedia, or GET A TEACHER, or READ A BOOK. None of these are bad suggestions at all. Most of us do it and a lot of us may feel that one needs to "pay their dues" a bit before walking around looking for handouts on knowledge.

Lastly, I REALLY like some of the replies you've been getting to some of your questions. So I get to learn too. These forums are not all-inclusive to just you. So get over it and walk on.

My two cents
Mick

Archived