Example of pentatonic to chromatic transition while improvising

• Members

Yeah that's nice. Not at all my style of music, but hey if we always only listened to "our" style it would be pretty boring. Good demonstration of using chromaticism in a modern context in a logical fashion, rather than just random noise.

• Members

Originally posted by santos

shoot. I'd like to hear that, but my computer won't open that file for some reason.

Well, check out this link, it may or may not have a similar riff, but it's got a lot of off the cuff shredding. I do not know the song the backing track is, so don't expect it to have any resemblence whatsoever to what is played on the real song. I know its by Satch, but I never listen to Satch.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=553800&songID=4236891

• Members

Originally posted by Paragraph51

Well, check out this link, it may or may not have a similar riff, but it's got a lot of off the cuff shredding. I do not know the song the backing track is, so don't expect it to have any resemblence whatsoever to what is played on the real song. I know its by Satch, but I never listen to Satch.

Got it, thanks man! Cool stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by santos

Got it, thanks man! Cool stuff.

This is a much better quality recording, if you are interested.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=487085&songID=4247380

Its a latin influenced tune I recorded straight to disc while I improvised the lead back in June of 2001.

It was the first playing of the day, so you'll hear me warm up towards the middle after some rough spots.

I played the two guitar tracks on the clip. A dr505 or something provided the beat.

Archived