Alternate picking frustration

Santuzzo

• Members
There's always going to be somebody with more technique than you, you can only ever be the best at playing like you. Do you think EVH gets all pissed off cos he can't sweep pick like Frank Gambale? Do you think Steve Vai get all pissed off cos he can't play as fast as Yngwie? To an extent you have to accept your limitations and realise that you can't be better than everyone else at everything - but that's no reason not to try
;)

I don't think technique comes very easily to anyone, I know that I've worked
really
hard at it, but I know that guys like Yngwie, Vai, Batio etc. worked even harder; in most interviews these guys say that they practiced upwards of 8 hours a day - now why were they putting in all that practice if their chops were happening naturally?
:freak:

I've definately felt like you alot of times, the negative thoughts - "I've got no talent for this", "I've put in all this time and effort and am no where near as good as I should be"
:blah:
Eventually you just realise that thinking along those lines is irrelevant at best and counterproductive at worst. If you want it badly enough, you've just got to stop stop feeling sorry for yourself and work for it. It doesn't matter how good you are now, you can't change that, you can only change how good you'll be in the future.

Once again, you're right !:thu:

I did not really feel sorry for myself, but I was just so frustrated, even to the point of getting very pissed and just like AARRRGGHHHHH:mad::mad:

But, yeah, all I gotta do is shut up about it, and practice !:cop::wave:

And I will do that !:)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived