What's the best chord? Why?

• Members

Of course there's no "Best Chord"! But if you think for 5 seconds or less, you'll answer that question with that "one cool chord you always gravitate to"!

If this thread is populated by a collection of those, it will become an awesome "Lesson Loft" resource.

Guidelines:

-Post your Best chord (with the fingering included) with a short explanation of why it's the "best."

-Discussions over who's "best" is better are discouraged.

-Discussions over chord theory are discouraged (the goal is to create a thread of thousands of cool chord voicings that we can all pick through).

-Everyone is encouraged to participate. Everyone. It doesn't mater how long you've been playing.

-No chord is too simple to the the best. If it's E5, then it's E5!

-Only one "best chord" per post. Multiple consecutive posts by one person are discouraged. If you're tempted, take a moment and choose which is really your "best"

I'll start in the next post. Please use it as your model. Thanks and have fun!

Jon

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got to be G for me. It was really the first chord I learned and got really good at switching to other chords from it.

That's the first thing I hit when I pick a guitar. You can always tell from the G if you'll like the sound - and if it's in tune!

Archived