Need help with modes :(

1979ckhtt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Mike,

You've either got a lot of time on your hands, or you're the fastest damn typist on the forum.
:lol:

Funny Jas. Actually, I keep all these "fact finder" things I come up with at forum site I have. http://mikedodge.freeforums.org/one-off-lessons-and-concepts-f2.html

I just copy and paste pieces of them when I need them.

It's not really used as a forum, more of a little "memory chest" for the things I come up with, run into, or that I documenting while I'm learning.

This is what I have for that last post...

Play them all in order...

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m/E - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7/B - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m/E - - | C#m/F# - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7/G# - - | Amaj7/B - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m/E - - | F#m7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | B7 - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | B7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | G#7 - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | Cdim7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Adim7 - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | Cdim7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Cdim7 - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | Cdim7 F#dim7 - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Cdim7 Ebdim7 - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | E7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | G#7 - - :||

3/4 ||: C#m - - | C#m - - | C#m - - | Emaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | Amaj7 - - | G#m - - :||

Next, I interchange between them all and see what else I can come up with!!!

• Members

Have you listened to those tunes??? It does take time but always take what you know and keep learning how to mold it.

With guitarists many times the term Modes is enough to perk their attention. But most of the time the guitarist really only finds Diatonic information and rarely anything about real Modal playing or Modal Music.

Diatonic concepts are worth the years of study and most it will come together pretty quickly in a few weeks to a couple of months, but it's the memorization, basic application, and the ability to recognize it in music that takes time...as you take the next step past the basics.

Since most guitarists use the term Modes as a "higher plateau", directing them to real Modal Music, where the Mode concepts are the fundamental, either sparks their further interest or doesn't. But, the mere knowledge of what Modal Music really is is a great lesson in itself that not many people actually learn about while learn about "Modes".

I was able to find most of them ....some I have already heard. Tears of Rain was harder to find but I found a version.

Hey, I realize a lot of this stuff is beyond me at present, but I like to have a view of the big picture from the outset. Even if I never learn to apply some of this stuff(likely indeed!) just the knowledge of it is worthwhile to me from a music appreciation standpoint.

ps. Love your site.....read through the lessons on advanced pentatonics ages ago....

Archived