Concordia University's (in Montreal's) Music Department

• Members

Hey guys. I was wondering. Have any of you guys heard of the music department at some school called Concordia University in Montreal. As an American, I never heard of it lol, but I hear its got a pretty cool music curriculum. I would love to attend a school like that since it would be significantly cheaper than an American school. Would be totally awesome, assuming its a good school, where I could meet lots of great musicians and make tons of connections.

Thanks a bunch!!

• Members

Concordia is a well known and respected University here in Canada. I dont have any insight about it's music program but I am sure it follows most University level music Diploma requirements. I will say the city of Montreal is a BLAST!! One of the coolest cities in North America. They host the largest Jazz festival (In the world I believe) one of them anyway. It is stellar.

As an aside - It always amazes me what little most American's know of Canada. Not a slam just true. I am always amazed considering the proximity alone. World geography doesn't seem to be one of the US education system's strong suits!

• Members

As an aside - It always amazes me what little most American's know of Canada. Not a slam just true. I am always amazed considering the proximity alone. World geography doesn't seem to be one of the US education system's strong suits!

Canada =

Hockey

Beer

Niagara Falls

Cold

Eh?

;)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm a graduate of Concordia Music Program. Bass player in jazz performance. PM and we can chat if you like.

Awesome program but be prepared to be in sound proof rooms 8 hours a day!! If you don't know your theory, know it before you get there. It will save you $$$$$. Same for basic ear training. Have all the basics down before auditioning.

• 8 years later...